ADVERTISEMENT

The 2023 Ryder Cup

gteeitup

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2001
Columbia, SC
who do you guys want as captain’s picks?

if i had to pick today i’d go young, glover, fowler, and morikawa.

isn’t he still dealing with vertigo and back issues?
yes. Inside joke sort of. I didn't know he wasn't active and I picked him as a dark horse here on several tournaments, until somebody clued me in. I can't remember who it was but I thought they might see this and get a chuckle out of it.

yes. Inside joke sort of. I didn't know he wasn't active and I picked him as a dark horse here on several tournaments, until somebody clued me in. I can't remember who it was but I thought they might see this and get a chuckle out of it.
hey, only europe is prone to selecting guys either struggling or damn near retired to join the team and then kick our ass.

Reactions: bluetoe
hovland is on fire this month…his cup record isn’t good, but he’s hot right now.
he's a machine.

I used to argue with posters on the Main Board (IIRC), that golf wouldn't just go away when Tiger became a non-factor. They said the money would vanish. I argued that without the announcers focusing on him constantly, televised golf and pro golf itself would be much better, with revenues behind tournaments changing only a little if any. I wonder what they'd say now?

Nothing against Tiger, he was as great as advertised. But the constant doting was making it all about him instead of the game of golf. I can't stand it.

It's now where I like it. From week to week, a different pro steps up and puts on a show. The announcers can still be front-runners for sure, but they are now forced to spread it around...and it's gratifying. I love it.

he's a machine.

I used to argue with posters on the Main Board (IIRC), that golf wouldn't just go away when Tiger became a non-factor. They said the money would vanish. I argued that without the announcers focusing on him constantly, televised golf and pro golf itself would be much better, with revenues behind tournaments changing only a little if any. I wonder what they'd say now?

Nothing against Tiger, he was as great as advertised. But the constant doting was making it all about him instead of the game of golf. I can't stand it.

It's now where I like it. From week to week, a different pro steps up and puts on a show. The announcers can still be front-runners for sure, but they are now forced to spread it around...and it's gratifying. I love it.
the talent right now from 1-30 as seen in this event, is phenomenal…they grind, they’re shot makers, and they’re respected/respectful.

this hovland/schauffele matchup should happen again in a month.

Reactions: bluetoe
they’re shot makers
and that's what it's all about for me. Any golfer in a televised tournament can make a great shot now and then, and while I understand the common sense of sticking more with the leaders great shots, I also want to see when someone far down on the board sticks one.

Reactions: gteeitup
if you think it’s about the food then you’re not getting the joke…if you didn’t consider the 18 million dollar winner eating that food, then you’re even further lagging…it was funny.

as far as chipotle, it’s okay…it’s gotten better…i prefer local street tacos, but i doubt hovland rolls around looking for that.

if you think it’s about the food then you’re not getting the joke…if you didn’t consider the 18 million dollar winner eating that food, then you’re even further lagging…it was funny.

21jump-street-21.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT