ADVERTISEMENT

Have any of you watched Aaron Bradshaw play?

DaveChapelle

All-American
Sep 17, 2020
7 footer with a 7'4" wingspan. Skinny. Athletic. Seems to have a promising jumpshot. A top 5 player in the 2023 class. But my question really boils down to... can he defend the 4 spot?

As we look towards the possibility of losing Ingram to the draft, I wonder who we could get to replace him. I know that playing the 4 is defensively a challenge when you never know from game to game if you'll have to guard a Manek, an Ingram, a Banchero, or a Flagg. You need to be able to navigate all the obstacles around the perimeter.

I see the major mutual interest between UNC and Bradshaw, but to me he seems awfully thin to try and replace Bacot at the 5. Could our staff be looking at him as a faceup 4? Not as someone who would battle Washington/Wolf for center minutes?

He had his best game of the year against UNC this year, early on. I think he was injured for part of the year. The UNC game might be a good one to watch. I see him more as a guy to challenge Wash (or HI) at the 4 than a true low post replacement for bacot. Even though bradshaw is 7 feet tall.

He had his best game of the year against UNC this year, early on. I think he was injured for part of the year. The UNC game might be a good one to watch. I see him more as a guy to challenge Wash (or HI) at the 4 than a true low post replacement for bacot. Even though bradshaw is 7 feet tall.
You are correct. He missed around 7 games this year with an injury. So close to a month i guess.

He just reminds me of Brice Johnson in his physique and the way he moves. So I wondered if he could defend the 4.

If we end up starting 3 guards, having a backline of shotblockers would be a big help. But whoever plays the 4 has to be able to defend the perimeter. We can't have a repeat of Pete Nance at the 4.

Reactions: Heelicious
Give me he and Ballo please (yea, yea... We'll fix his FT's!)

Last edited:
From the 4 or 5 games I've seen him play I think he would be a great fit. Perfect long athletic lob target for Cadeau in the lane, can shoot it, can rim protect.

Has to foul less, and still filling out physically. I think he would ideally be a 4, with the ability to play some 5 as well. Would LOVE for him to choose Chapel Hill.

A year will pass since we saw him early this season to the next time he hits the floor so my guess is he’s gaining muscle daily

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT