ADVERTISEMENT

The Dook Way

k-and-paterno-600x562.jpg

In Paterno's defense, he did notify the school president but they chose to do nothing. He admitted he should've done more, but at his age, etc. I can give him a (bit) of a pass, as he probably thought he did what he was supposed to, and report it to his superiors.

However, K has been able to succesfully cover-up or steamroll anybody that comes looking into the Lance Thomas jewerly scandal, or the Corey Magette mess. If he has known about this for nearly a year and done nothing except keep it under wraps, then he's going to be in a world of a $#!+ storm if this is true.

No doubt there will be a cover up at Duke like what occurred with Lance Thomas. K is great at saying one thing when it comes to leadership and honesty and doing the exact opposite.

Flopping for an advantage that found its way all the way to "The Heat", Shut up, Cover up, get the BIG Broom & Rug out and go get dressed as we have a game tonight.

You are awesome K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:

However, K has been able to succesfully cover-up or steamroll anybody that comes looking into the Lance Thomas jewerly scandal, or the Corey Magette mess. If he has known about this for nearly a year and done nothing except keep it under wraps, then he's going to be in a world of a $#!+ storm if this is true.
They aren't called dooK for nothin'.

Originally posted by PolkCountyBullGator:
Let's keep this thread going.
Let's not.

Instead, let's recognize that Duke's mishandling of the situation arose only because two young women may have been sexually assaulted.

Taking any sort of enjoyment from the situation is perverse, and frankly I'm embarrassed for any UNC fan who thinks it's okay to gloat about it. I couldn't care less what their fans have said about UNC in the past. This isn't about petty bickering among fans. It's about the lives of the people who, regardless of how this situation plays out, are going to be deeply affected by what has happened.

Anyone who looks at this as an opportunity to settle a score needs to seriously reconsider their priorities.

I agree with Raising Heel.Fans shouldn't celebrate mistakes and crimes by a rival teams player. But that hasn't stopped the hypocrites from jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst about any of the UNC related issues as Mr.Gator has pointed out.

Difference is now they want the benefit of the doubt when they extended none. This is somehow different, which is always their excuse. They KNOW that Coach K didn't know about anything whenever some questionable behavior by his program or players make the news, but of course ol' Roy is supposed to know what his players are doing 24/7 365 and is instantly assumed guilty.

So yes, this is terrible for the victims. Nothing to be made fun of. But to point out their hypocrisy is not out of line.
Originally posted by Raising Heel:

Let's not.

Instead, let's recognize that Duke's mishandling of the situation arose only because two young women may have been sexually assaulted.

Taking any sort of enjoyment from the situation is perverse, and frankly I'm embarrassed for any UNC fan who thinks it's okay to gloat about it. I couldn't care less what their fans have said about UNC in the past. This isn't about petty bickering among fans. It's about the lives of the people who, regardless of how this situation plays out, are going to be deeply affected by what has happened.

Anyone who looks at this as an opportunity to settle a score needs to seriously reconsider their priorities.

I would encourage everyone to take a step back and think before you post or make accusations or assumptions. Yes, this is just a board, but this is a very serious matter and rape should not be used to taunt anyone. Rivalries need to put aside when it comes to these very delicate issues. Yes, UNC has been dragged under the bus with inappropriate comments and statements bordering on fraud by many of the Duke posters, but take the high road and let the dust settle. And it will settle. Can't hide this under K's Court. Whatever happened will come out but please there are lots of individuals involved that could easily be hurt and there is no need for that. Let's beat them on Saturday where the competition and rivalry takes full center.

kid is still in school...K was the one to show any discipline at all...girls did not press charges...people are wishful thinking...not a thing will happen.Duke Lacross?(Duke will not jump to conclusions) no charges filed, no way in hell Sulaimon was getting kicked off the team...maybe new news came out..but K will be the guy in many peoples eyes that he reacted before the school
by dumping Sulaimon....Of course K can not comment.We all agree K is a jerk..but up to this point what has he done wrong?so what... he knew of the allegations?He did not have a obligation to report them to fans/media without a complaint from the victims.. If true(allegations) my concern is for the girls and not a check mark to get back at K...but people are getting excited for no reason and if by chance anything was handled wrong I can assure you Duke will not pay for a private investigation to see what went wrong.What school would do that?

Absolutely zero will come out on this. Unless criminal investigation is begun (extremely unlikely given victims' reactions to date) there is no public entity involved to allow access to information. duke will hide behind the laws that private institutions have and say nothing. Sad part is that there will be media outrage other than a few bloggers

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

Let's not.

You don't know me at all if you think my response has anything to with "enjoyment" of the situation the young ladies has to live with.
[/B]

Actually today on satellite channels most people think...K did no wrong and I agree...like K or not if Sulaimon is in school you can not blame K..this story is fading already

Keep hoping it "fades" away.

I'll be doing the opposite, with no sympathy for anyone, except the young ladies in question.

[/B]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT