ADVERTISEMENT

The infamous N.E.T. is back

FlaTarHeel

Hall of Famer
Feb 21, 2017
UNC falls from #31 to #37 after the UCONN loss.

McNeese St(8-2) with 4 wins against non D1 schools is ranked #30

:confused:

• Sad
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Net is spose to be fairly off early season. It makes more sense usually towards the end of the season. That's how those work.

Who cares this is college basketball not college football where championships are determined on the court and not in meeting room.

And if you are concerned if we might not make a tournament because a metric like this is used then IDC because if Carolina Basketball isnt good enough to get in without being on a bubble chances are we wasn't going to win anything anyway.

The meeting room decides placement in the tourney as well. The other side of it is keep winning and take away that power

Who cares this is college basketball not college football where championships are determined on the court and not in meeting room.
You'll care if it makes a seeding difference for Carolina.

There are first and second round sites in Charlotte this year, and we know how helpful playing close to home has been for UNC in the past.

There are also regional sites in Boston and Dallas. Imagine if this crappy NET pushes us from a 3 seed to a 4 seed, and sets us up for a sweet sixteen against UConn in Boston, or against Houston in Dallas.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
The meeting room decides placement in the tourney as well. The other side of it is keep winning and take away that power
That just keep winning and take away the power strategy didn't work so well for Florida State on the gridiron.

You'll care if it makes a seeding difference for Carolina.

There are first and second round sites in Charlotte this year, and we know how helpful playing close to home has been for UNC in the past.

There are also regional sites in Boston and Dallas. Imagine if this crappy NET pushes us from a 3 seed to a 4 seed, and sets us up for a sweet sixteen against UConn in Boston, or against Houston in Dallas.

Mayne so but I feel like a 3 or 4 seed for us would be a huge over achievement for this team.

I hope I'm wrong but a game at somewhere like BC or ND on a Monday night at 7 o'clock on the road is going to be a tough challenge for this team.

He's a mindless troll Dave
Dude I have been a Heels fan for 40 years you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to my level of being a fan.

The difference in you and I is that I'm realistic and you are delusional about the ability and talent of the team and the leadership.

We haven't been the Heels I grew up watching in 5 years, I'm sorry if I can't reach your level of blind mindless support. BTW your troll just spend $285 for ticket to the game in Charlotte on the 20th, I'm sure the woods are full of trolls that spend their hard earned money to watch them play when it's close to home.

You're not smart enough to teach a day care, stop trying to explain anything on here.
This insult is actually kind of funny considering I have a Secondary Education teaching degree. 😂😂😂

Yeah, he is pretty dumb and has run amok for years on here without consequence. He was calling me a drug addict or something for a lot of years for who knows what reason prior.

You kinda of learn to just tune them out though.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think Net Rating is an advanced metric, then lol.
Burn!!! My self esteem has been lowered by your unassailable repartee! Please enlighten me as to what is needed for a metric to become advanced!! I'm asking for a friend who wants to avoid my mistake. BTW: I should have figured out it couldn't be advanced because that idiot Goodman figured out it was incorrect, lol!
On the other hand, it is priceless that you chose to argue semantics and totally ignore the actual point. Maybe try the rubber vs glue response next time!

The point is the metric, which I called "advanced" due to my vast ignorance and disdain for it still means not one thing this early in a season.

This insult is actually kind of funny considering I have a Secondary Education teaching degree. 😂😂😂

Yeah, he is pretty dumb and has run amok for years on here without consequence. He was calling me a drug addict or something for a lot of years for who knows what reason prior.

You kinda of learn to just tune them out though.

I would bet it all he was severally bullied in high school and this is his outlet to try and make up for their poor pathetic lives and the trauma that they were exposed to as children.

I try and treat people the way I would like to be treated and not say anything to someone on a message board that I wouldn't say to them in the Walmart parking lot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT