ADVERTISEMENT

These last two are on Roy!

TarHeelMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Part of Heaven
Just wanted to give Coach Williams some credit for these last two wins. He called some timely Time-Outs, switched up some defenses at appropriate times and had our guys ready to play TOUGH against two very physical teams.

GO HEELS!

Whoa

according to all the self appointed experts here he was/is DONE and should be shipped out on the next Trailways

Using the athleticism of his team to extend the defense was long overdue. Good game coach !

Originally posted by keysersosay#1:

Whoa

according to all the self appointed experts here he was/is DONE and should be shipped out on the next Trailways
hence the reason I started this thread... Roy gets all the blame every time we lose, so he might as well get some credit for winning these two games that alot of people didn't think we would.

Whoa

You guys should see the buzzards on Premi the last couple of weeks, it's been absolutely nothing like it over here . .

Screw 'em . .

Glad to see a good thread like this, thanks THMark . . you da man.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Would have been harsh blaming him today.... We should have won comfortably if we hit 4 free throws or so before UVA started fouling late. We split basically every FT until crunch time.

There's no perfect way to coach this team because it isn't a perfect team. But today, they pretty much brought the effort for 40 minutes and when we do that, we can be pretty good.

This post was edited on 3/13 10:15 PM by SJung851

Yep, Well Done Roy, AND team! Could not be any happier that we sealed the win with with 6 straight FTs under pressure.

Back to back wins over number 14 and number 3 ranked teams in the nation?? TAR Heels!! TAR Heels!! TAR Heels!!

Happy as I can be for the players, staff, and the true blue UNC fans.
sign0098.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/14 4:40 PM by soap - new and improved

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:

Whoa

hence the reason I started this thread... Roy gets all the blame every time we lose, so he might as well get some credit for winning these two games that alot of people didn't think we would.
Yea, not sure we should be ready to ship him out yet...

Hey guys, I have a great idea. Let's run over to Out of the Blue and start a thread about how much we love Roy.
roll.r191677.gif

hey the guy that started that thread on OOTB is a first class jerk...gotta keep that in mind in all of his posts

Roy is Roy...fact is in this tourney the team has played with some attitude and toughness... That's whynwe are in the final and a possible 3 seed.

hey the guy that started that thread on OOTB is a first class jerk...gotta keep that in mind in all of his posts
I tried and also failed dot jpeg + " " + clown post bro dot gif

he adjusted...looks like he gameplanned...he even took timeouts at opportune times...even the announcers said as much...he questioned his team's fortitude, which some of us have for the last three years...but that was taboo on here according to some.

Originally posted by gteeitup:
he adjusted...looks like he gameplanned...he even took timeouts at opportune times...even the announcers said as much...he questioned his team's fortitude, which some of us have for the last three years...but that was taboo on here according to some.
Pretty much.

Side note- did anyone see what a great gameplan Brey drew up? If I were a 15 seed, I would foul Okafor every time he touched the ball, and the sooner that he has to shoot FTs, the better. And Brey also had a great plan for the duke two-man full court press- have the 1 inbound to the 2. When the double comes, just pass back to the 1 and press is broken.

If Roy had figured that out last Sat, me thinks the outcome would have been different. But no matter now, Roy is making the right calls at the right time- I hope he remains this attuned to the flow of the game from this point forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT