ADVERTISEMENT

This day in WWF/WWE history!!

chickenhunter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
Absolutely one of the funniest skits in history of sports entertainment. I remember watching on Raw that night with my dad (RIP). My dad had a great sense of humor and was laughing his head off as was I. If you watched wrestling back then, you will remember it too.

Reactions: gteeitup
I had never seen that and I think I was laughing more at it than with it.

I used to love wrestling but it was so much better before the outrageous skits. And for me, WWE wasn't nearly as good of an organization as the Crocket Brothers NWA back in the day. It was about wrestling back then and much less about the storylines. Sure, Flair and the 4 horseman talked a lot of shit. But it was just macho shit talking back and forth and they didn't need all the props and staged skits. It just felt more organic and real.

I get why Vince did what he did and why he built WWE into what it became. And it's hard to argue with his business model. It's just not my cup of tea. I much preferred the old style when it was much more about what happened in the ring than it was about what happened outside of it.

I had never seen that and I think I was laughing more at it than with it.

I used to love wrestling but it was so much better before the outrageous skits. And for me, WWE wasn't nearly as good of an organization as the Crocket Brothers NWA back in the day. It was about wrestling back then and much less about the storylines. Sure, Flair and the 4 horseman talked a lot of shit. But it was just macho shit talking back and forth and they didn't need all the props and staged skits. It just felt more organic and real.

I get why Vince did what he did and why he built WWE into what it became. And it's hard to argue with his business model. It's just not my cup of tea. I much preferred the old style when it was much more about what happened in the ring than it was about what happened outside of it.
So, you’re a wrestling fan, that’s surprising…lol

So, you’re a wrestling fan, that’s surprising…lol

You’re an idiot, country bumpkin with a haircut like Lloyd Christmas that manages a convenience store in the middle of BFE. I don’t think you have room to laugh at anyone.

If I felt the need to explain myself, I’d say yes, I was a wrestling fan until about the age of 12, like most regular guys. If your reading comprehension was better or you were smarter, you would have inferred this through my poast that spoke of wrestling in past tense. But I get it, not everyone can be of at least average intelligence.

Being a grown man and a wrestling fan are contradictory statements.

I watched wrestling until sometime around middle school. I think it's probably more of a regional thing. There are fans all over the country, but I bet there is a strong concentration in one part of the country. Kind of like hockey.

I still watch wrestling. Not as much WWE as I watch AEW. Not sure why people feel to appropriate maturity to watching wrestling. I find it rather childish and immature to feel you're more mature simply because you don/t watch it. I've built lots of repoire with students because I found a something that we can talk about.

Sure, its scripted. No one out of middle school believes its real unless they are an idiot (que the "its real to me" wrestling meme). Fake, not at all. Never understood that argument either.

it’s like wearing a jersey.

i don’t hate it…they’re athletes and have to be on point or severe injuries occur.
Ranked by obnoxious factor

ball cap backwards guy

jersey guy

loud muffler guy

t shirt with necklace on outside guy

toothpick in mouth guy

t shirt tucked in shorts guy

popped collar guy

sunglasses on head guy

Ranked by obnoxious factor

ball cap backwards guy

jersey guy

loud muffler guy

t shirt with necklace on outside guy

toothpick in mouth guy

t shirt tucked in shorts guy

popped collar guy

sunglasses on head guy

lol. We finally agree on some things. But you missed "painted face sports fan guy" who should be at the top of that list and we need to find a place for "sleeveless t-shirt guy" and "sneakers with business attire guy".

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I fondly remember watching Ric Flair give shout-outs to Dean Smith and UNC. :)

I'll occasionally catch a biography of a wrestler on TV and its always a bit surprising how "normal" they are when not in their character. Most all of them come across as the type of person you'd want to hang out with much more than most other sports or Hollywood figures.

Reactions: gteeitup
I fondly remember watching Ric Flair give shout-outs to Dean Smith and UNC. :)

I'll occasionally catch a biography of a wrestler on TV and its always a bit surprising how "normal" they are when not in their character. Most all of them come across as the type of person you'd want to hang out with much more than most other sports or Hollywood figures.
do yourself a favor and watch “dark side of the ring”…you can stream it on vice tv, unsure of any other platform for it.

it’s phenomenal stuff.

Reactions: WhatTheHeel?
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT