ADVERTISEMENT

This Week Is A Test For UNC’s Program Culture

Sponsored by: @Andy MyPerfectFranchise.Net**

*Hate your job?

*Hate your boss?

*Ready to take control of your career?

Call Andy Luedecke to learn more. Consultation is FREE, and he can help you find your perfect franchise. He did it for himself. Dumpster & porta potties are two of his franchises, and so many different things can be yours.

Find Your Perfect Franchise at MyPerfectFranchise.Net. Contact Andy Luedecke anytime at aluedecke@myperfectfranchise.net or (404) 973-9901.

Yeah… they already failed the test. We found out last week that the culture is exactly what we thought it was.
SSDD

Now, it's all about expectations. It's also about the timing. Like last season... being 9-1 at one point was great. You'd take it any day. Then you lose 4-in-a-row? I will probably never expect UNC to be anywhere near the CFP discussion. So, I'm never disappointed. They always dangle a carrot. But, that's "potential." Being 6-0 and 9-1 is pretty good! Then they yank the rug.

Same as now. We're 6-1... that's not "bad" at all. But, UNC always... ALWAYS loses to teams that they should NEVER lose to in any season. That is the most frustrating. I'm okay with losing to Clemson in Death Valley. But losing at home to a 1-5 UVA team when you're #10 in the nation? That's just unacceptable. That keeps the program from ever being significant, and it keeps the fanbase from ever getting fully behind them.

They lost the test already, again, this year.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
...losing at home to a 1-5 UVA team when you're #10 in the nation? That's just unacceptable....
i have been a strong mack supporter. i was very happy when he was hired, and i have consistently defended him on message boards. but i'll be honest, that game saturday was the worst coaching performance i can remember... anywhere! terrible preparation, terrible game plan, terrible in-game coaching decisions, total brain freeze like accepting the penalty near the end of the game when time was more crucial than downs and distance (even the announcers were perplexed about that blunder), terrible personnel and playing time decisions (at least mack admitted to the blunder of not playing hampton in the second half). i was very disappointed.

i have been a strong mack supporter. i was very happy when he was hired, and i have consistently defended him on message boards. but i'll be honest, that game saturday was the worst coaching performance i can remember... anywhere! terrible preparation, terrible game plan, terrible in-game coaching decisions, total brain freeze like accepting the penalty near the end of the game when time was more crucial than downs and distance (even the announcers were perplexed about that blunder), terrible personnel and playing time decisions (at least mack admitted to the blunder of not playing hampton in the second half). i was very disappointed.
Mack... meh. Whatever. He is a long, LONG way past his prime. He was a long way past it when he got to Chapel Hill the 2nd time. It was fun watching Sam Howell play. Drake was fun to watch more last year. But, overall, MB 2.0 has been fair-to-middling. Nothing really special. UNC football is nothing really special. But, there aren't a lot of "really special" CFB programs. The ones that are special are the ones that are always special. With the exception of Nebraska dying, CFB has had pretty much the same perennial top 20-25 teams for... 60+ years?

Mack has somewhat been a victim of his own success in Mack 2.0. When he was hired, everyone knew this was a rebuild. After the last two Fedora years, pretty much everyone was thinking maybe 3-5 wins. We end up beating Miami, almost beating Clemson and go to a bowl. All of a sudden everyone has raised their expectations and timeline of success. Then it happens again this year. Most people are thinking maybe 5-7 wins. We come out looking good, beat Miami and all of a sudden we're an undefeated top 10 team. If I told you before the season we would be 6-1, everyone would have been happy. But now that we know that loss was UVA, everyone is disappointed.

I'm much happier with Mack now than last yr, simply because the D has looked better and the offense has been able to pick-up short-yardage downs. Without Maye we'd be a mediocre middling ACC team though, so I guess we'll cross the hire-fire bridges next yr.

The isolated loss to UVA is very disappointing (but expected!), but overall i'm pretty happy with this season. We need a bunch more wins for my happiness to persist though given this talented QB.

But now that we know that loss was UVA, everyone is disappointed.
If UNC has any kind of fan base that's worth a damn, they should be more than just disappointed that UVA is the loss. There was no excuse for that loss at all.

Mack... meh. Whatever. He is a long, LONG way past his prime. He was a long way past it when he got to Chapel Hill the 2nd time. It was fun watching Sam Howell play. Drake was fun to watch more last year. But, overall, MB 2.0 has been fair-to-middling. Nothing really special. UNC football is nothing really special. But, there aren't a lot of "really special" CFB programs. The ones that are special are the ones that are always special. With the exception of Nebraska dying, CFB has had pretty much the same perennial top 20-25 teams for... 60+ years?
This I wouldn’t even say the Top 25 team…You have a few Blue Bloods…And even those teams have years where they struggle…Look at Bama before Saban…UNC is very much the 90 percent of teams…Lots of 500 football with some good years and bad years…

Reactions: strummingram
This I wouldn’t even say the Top 25 team…You have a few Blue Bloods…And even those teams have years where they struggle…Look at Bama before Saban…UNC is very much the 90 percent of teams…Lots of 500 football with some good years and bad years…
Ohio State, Michigan, half of the SEC, Texas, Oklahoma, Southern Cal, Notre Dame, pedophile State. Florida State during Bowden.

Clemson has only been relevant since Dabo caught fire. Danny Ford was 40 years ago.

Reactions: Kool1234567
The history of let downs is annoying. But that’s not what irritates me about this loss.

This season was a unique opportunity. Heisman caliber QB, talented roster, and a ridiculously easy schedule.

We won’t have a superstar QB next year and recruiting in general has fallen off. Who knows how many years it may be before UNC football has another shot at proving themselves to be a legit contender.

I stand by the statement that this season will be the summit for Mack 2.0. This year is as good as it’s going to be.

If UNC has any kind of fan base that's worth a damn, they should be more than just disappointed that UVA is the loss. There was no excuse for that loss at all.
My point is you would have never said that before the season if you didn't know it was UVA. You would have been extremely happy if I told you 6-1. It's just interesting that people are mad about something they would have hoped for a couple of months ago. There are probably people who will be upset if we go 11-1. Not that I think we will, but that WTF game every year has started to become the only game that matters to some.

I think what is clear from last week is this team still struggles to play against teams they are supposed to beat. The next question is how does this team recover from a tough loss, last season they didn't, has that changed now? Atlanta is not often kind to Tar Heels. I think we squeak out a close one, 33-30.

I don't like the loss, and I know we didn't play well. But UVA did. Their coaches aren't stupid. They had two weeks to study and prepare for us. They saw some things they could exploit, and they did. And they have some good athletes. Our players even admitted that they saw some things they hadn't seen. And granted our coaching adjustments weren't the best. But I'm not ready to thrown our team in the trash. There are still realistically attainable goals available. Coaches and players need to focus, quit blaming students, fans and officials, and play every game with intensity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT