ADVERTISEMENT

This young, Black, female scientist who graduated from UNC leads efforts to find a COVID-19 vaccine

DF1972

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2006
As a teenager growing up in Hillsborough, Kizzmekia Corbett had never seen a Black scientist before. Then she walked into a lab at UNC one summer, met Albert Russell, a doctoral student, and for the first time believed she could be one. Now, at 34, Corbett is the scientific lead for the government’s search for a coronavirus vaccine at the National Institutes of Health. (Greensboro News & Record)

this article can not possibly be legit. It's completely and ridiculously untrue. The following is a load of horse manure...

"He said it’s amazing that this girl from rural North Carolina ended up standing next to the president in the middle of an international pandemic as a person who could potentially stop the crisis."

There's just no way a white supremacist like Trump would stand next to some black girl, let alone allow her to do science on his watch. And by the way, that's President to you, you illiterate cretin.

Actually I hate this kind of pushy journalism. If you really need to point out that the lady is black, just show her picture and identify her as the subject of the article. We'll get the point. We'll get it without it being jammed repeatedly down our throats throughout the article. If it was done that more subtle way, it would seem more par for the course for black people than by making it sound like she's the amazing, rare snowball that survived a day in hell. It's like, 'Hey, Looky Here What Some Black Girl Done Did'.

Last edited:
this article can not possibly be legit. It's completely and ridiculously untrue. The following is a load of horse manure...

"He said it’s amazing that this girl from rural North Carolina ended up standing next to the president in the middle of an international pandemic as a person who could potentially stop the crisis."

There's just no way a white supremacist like Trump would stand next some black girl, let alone allow her to do science on his watch. And by the way, that's President to you, you illiterate cretin.

Actually I hate this kind of pushy journalism. If you really need to point out that the lady is black, just show her picture and identify her as the subject of the article. We'll get the point. We'll get it without it being jammed repeatedly down our throats throughout the article. If it was done that more subtle way, it would seem more par for the course for black people than by making it sound like she's the amazing, rare snowball that survived a day in hell. It's like, 'Hey, Looky Here What Some Black Girl Done Did'.

I was thinking the same thing. What does her race have to do with this? OP acts as if itś surprising she was able to do this..especially since she is black!

Reactions: Archer2
I was thinking the same thing. What does her race have to do with this? OP acts as if itś surprising she was able to do this..especially since she is black!
well, OP was bringing the article here because it's UNC-related. He's really good for finding stuff like that and I appreciate his sharing with us. It's the writer of the article and all those who write that same, lame way that gripes my ass.

Reactions: DF1972 and Archer2
I just posted the article for information. The Greensboro News and Record is responsible for the content.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT