ADVERTISEMENT

Thought you guys might like this...

Pretty awesome video.

#6 honestly might be one of the best pure enjoyable basketball plays I have ever seen.

Both blocks were amazing though also.

What Jordan could do while in the air is just hard to quantify into words.

And he didn't need three steps to do any of the shots.

Can someone remind me why he had to wear #45 with the Bulls, I vaguely remember when it happened. Was his jersey stolen?

And he didn't need three steps to do any of the shots.

Can someone remind me why he had to wear #45 with the Bulls, I vaguely remember when it happened. Was his jersey stolen?
I think it had something to do with 23 having been retired... Or it was about jersey sales (that's the cynic in me)

I think it had something to do with 23 having been retired... Or it was about jersey sales (that's the cynic in me)

Other than the fact that Julius wore #45, Michael did indeed wear #45 when he came out of retirement from baseball. He stated that #23 had retired. After a few games of not looking like the real #23, MJ indeed decided to pull the complete change back to his old self. MJ once again would wear #23. Alas, once again MJ was MJ and the rest is mere history where the GOAT is concerned...

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't 45 his HS # and he took 23 at UNC because 45 was already used by another player?

I thought Jordan switched to 45 because he didnt want anybody to watch him play in 23 if his dad couldnt. Wasnt that it?

Can't believe nobody knew this.... He wore 23 his whole life because he thought he was only half as good as his older brother who always wore 45

The #23 Chicago Bulls jersey had been officially retired. He wore #45 because that was his baseball jersey number until they could "unretire" #23.

Did you also know that while with the Bulls, Jordan officially wore a 3rd number? Anyone wanna take a stab at why and what number?

Did you also know that while with the Bulls, Jordan officially wore a 3rd number? Anyone wanna take a stab at why and what number?
Ha Ha I didn't have to do a google search for this one...it was Valentine's Day 1990 when Jordan's jersey came up missing (stolen) in Orlando, so he wore #12. Now, iirc he dropped 49 on 'em.

Ha Ha I didn't have to do a google search for this one...it was Valentine's Day 1990 when Jordan's jersey came up missing (stolen) in Orlando, so he wore #12. Now, iirc he dropped 49 on 'em.

Yep, exactly! He played pretty pissed off that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT