ADVERTISEMENT

unc at dook game 2 (lost 9-8)

Re: unc at dook game 2

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Base hit scores 1, then a bad pitch/bad throw/bad catch to try to get the runner at 2nd allows the runner from 3rd to score.

Game is now tied at 6. Runner at 2nd with 2 outs.

I've been watching Carolina baseball for years and don't know that I've ever seen a Mike Fox-coached team play this sloppy. It shows up in almost every facet of the game and it's so frustrating.

Heels get the final out but we tied going into the 6th with 3-4-5 coming up in the order for UNC.
definitely seem to be lacking some basic fundamentals

gotta step out hopefully when I return the heels will be wrapping up a victory

dunbar catch the ball
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Not sure what Dunbar was doing, but he whiffed stopping the pitch and it hit the umpire squarely in the grill of his mask. He was badly shaken up and taken out of the game, which resulted in a long delay.

Play resumes with UNC getting two straight foul outs to end the inning.

8-8 T9.

This game is now 4 hours old!

This post was edited on 3/29 5:08 PM by Raising Heel

gotta try and get this to extra innings nothing doing in the top of 9

dookies have already pitched 9 guys. That may work in our favor. Hopefully Zac Rice continues to look as good as he has all season.

1 away in the bottom of the 10th.

Any updates on who is/has pitched for unc? Can't access live scoring on goheels.com.

strike him out throw him out wow may have been safe but good call by the ump

Woo-hee!

The hit-and-run backfires on dook. Strikeout and the runner is gunned down. Looked live like the runner was safe...and the replay seems to confirm. Tough noogies!

We go to the 12th inning.

I SAID STOP CHALLENGING THEIR CATCHER, MIKE FOX!!! THAT WASN'T EVEN CLOSE ON A WET TRACK!!!

The guy leads the ACC in throw-outs and yet we keep testing him. Costing us big time.

Pop out for #3 and UNC has to hold again.

Pitching change. Spencer Trayner takes the mound.

Dammit. Throwaway to 1st allows the runner to advance all the way to 3rd base. Potential disaster with only 1 out.

That ball bounced a good 5 feet in front of Parks Jordan...not even close.

Heels will intentionally walk the next two batters to load the bases with 1 out.

UNC stands to lose this series if they can't come up with a stop here. A loss would also drop UNC to the bottom of the ACC Coastal standings.

Walk-off single. Another awful performance by UNC. Sorry...I try to resist criticizing but their play of late has been very disappointing.

Heels will try to avoid the sweep tomorrow at 1:00 pm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT