ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Football: This, That, & the Other

Gonna put this here. How can the new transfer for little carolina (drew tuazama) be cleared to play but Tex Walker can’t for us? He started at Syracuse then to uab now little Carolina seems kinda fishy

Gonna put this here. How can the new transfer for little carolina (drew tuazama) be cleared to play but Tex Walker can’t for us? He started at Syracuse then to uab now little Carolina seems kinda fishy
Might be a grad transfer…Haven’t paid any attention to little Carolina…

what I want to know is why would it take more than ten minutes to review and decide on Tez Walker's transfer, when all the necessary data has already been collected? Why does it always take forever for the NCAA to get off their asses and make a simple decision once it's down to right or wrong, yes or no? There is no investigation involved at this, at least as far as I can figure.

I hate these jerks. Stop dragging a kids future, and a programs prospects, around. I believe that most of the time spent in cases like these is devoted to concocting CYA scenarios wherein they have an at least debatable answer to anticipated criticisms of this and future decisions. Self-serving politics, in other words. Everyone else be damned.

what I want to know is why would it take more than ten minutes to review and decide on Tez Walker's transfer, when all the necessary data has already been collected? Why does it always take forever for the NCAA to get off their asses and make a simple decision once it's down to right or wrong, yes or no? There is no investigation involved at this, at least as far as I can figure.

I hate these jerks. Stop dragging a kids future, and a programs prospects, around. I believe that most of the time spent in cases like these is devoted to concocting CYA scenarios wherein they have an at least debatable answer to anticipated criticisms of this and future decisions. Self-serving politics, in other words. Everyone else be damned.
Looks like the new leadership is no better than the last. What makes it crazy is that he followed the rules then the NCAA just said nevermind. We're going to change our minds after you did what we said.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
Looks like the new leadership is no better than the last. What makes it crazy is that he followed the rules then the NCAA just said nevermind. We're going to change our minds after you did what we said.
It's obviously only right that he's grandfathered. We don't arrest people for breaking laws that weren't in effect when they did whatever they did, because that in itself would be immoral and unethical and just plain wrong. Surely you grandfather someone who has only technically and retroactively not complied with a new rule. And how long does it have to take to say he's grandfathered or he isn't?

And then of course the question is 'why wasn't he?'; and I have to assume that's what they're taking the time to work on the rationalization of. If they try to do the wrong thing, I hope we threaten them with as much litigiosity as we used against them the last time they f'ed with us.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT