ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Boston College - Tuesday 9 Feb 2016

Meeks the play of the game stealing a pass intended for Carter, a Paige a miss and then a hit from the line 66-62 with 16 seconds to go.

Is it just me or is there a shot clock issue on almost every close game nowadays..... could it be a tactic?

dodging-the-fracking-bullet-.jpg

Reactions: BillyL
If UNC wins this game Jackson would have shut up a lot of his expert doubters-- after a BC three Paige hits 2 to ice the game from the line. 68-65 for the good guys...

wow I didn't see a play of this game. Followed it on my phone. Talk about being literally nearly physically ill all night! SO happy we found a way to pull it out. Afraid to ask what the deal was. and is Roy OK?

wow I didn't see a play of this game. Followed it on my phone. Talk about being literally nearly physically ill all night! SO happy we found a way to pull it out. Afraid to ask what the deal was. and is Roy OK?

It has been reported that Roy is okay.

Thank goodness for Justin Jackson! Berry and Paige also came up with some big shots. Our front line almost completely ineffective.

So Roy benched 3 starters to send a message.
Looks like Justin got the message, Brice wasn't happy with the message and Kennedy just smiled and looked like a big nice guy that his team mates love. Oh yeah, he didn't get the message.

THAT was a gut check Have to credit that #3 kid was hotter than hot

Glad to hear Roy is Ok was realty scary there for awhile

This win will gvbe us some confidence coming home... Next three at the Smith Centre Time to get our game in gear and start a real roll

The last 2 games I've never seen a crew of officials so intent on seeing Carolina lose. If Carolina breathed on a player we were called for a offensive foul. Carter pushed off all night and never was called for it. His last 3 pointer he pushed off so bad you would have to blind not see it. Come on guys I'm all for some home cooking but these last 2 games have been ridiculous.

Reactions: gobblercalls
Classy move by BC coach in post game handshake with Steve. Most coaches would have rolled through the handshake line after a tough loss like that but he stopped Steve and first thing he asked if Roy was Ok.

He's A ok in my book. Good luck to him rebuilding that program. His kids played their best game of the season and deserved to win

Reactions: toophly1124
Dang shot 51% fg and still should have probable lost. At-least justin played well.

This team has so many problems right now. And I cannot understand why Brice didn't start. Meeks and JJ deserved being benched due to recent play but Brice has been our most consistent post player all year.

Reactions: BeezerHeel
Look, it was a rough 3 straight games on the road. We are fortunate to have gotten the win tonight. But a win, regardless of how we win, is always better than losing. Our team fought hard tonight. BC didn't hand us anything. We earned it. Hope we catch our breath and get refocused this week. Put this behind us.

This team has so many problems right now. And I cannot understand why Brice didn't start. Meeks and JJ deserved being benched due to recent play but Brice has been our most consistent post player all year.

I think Brice has had enough mental lapses on defense and effort lately that he probably deserved to sit out the opening 3 and a half minutes.

Hard to play aggressive offense or defense the way the officials are calling our games. Tonight was the most biased officiating I've seen in a while,outside of HIS. So many phantom calls. The players know it better than we do. Surely they are confused by it and have lost some confidence because of it. 7 offensive fouls tonight? Isn't that some kind of record??

A win is always better than a loss. Games on the road at this time of the year are tough.
BC played wide open, they had nothing to lose! Just ask Xavier if their loss is
better than our win. Top 5 team with two losses rolled into Creighton and got bombed.
Creighton is decent but Xavier is the better team. Our Heels need to gear up and get on
A roll. There are no easy games left. Let's Go Heels!

Look, it was a rough 3 straight games on the road. We are fortunate to have gotten the win tonight. But a win, regardless of how we win, is always better than losing. Our team fought hard tonight. BC didn't hand us anything. We earned it. Hope we catch our breath and get refocused this week. Put this behind us.

Bro, it's been a rough four to five weeks. Not just three games. Where ya been and what ya lookin at?!

A win is always better than a loss. Games on the road at this time of the year are tough.
BC played wide open, they had nothing to lose! Just ask Xavier if their loss is
better than our win. Top 5 team with two losses rolled into Creighton and got bombed.
Creighton is decent but Xavier is the better team. Our Heels need to gear up and get on
A roll. There are no easy games left. Let's Go Heels!

BC is arguably the worse P5 team in baskets.

Again, not seeing the game at all, just from comments here, it doesn't seem that we played that poorly. So happy that Homeschool (JJ) carried us tonight - maybe this will get him going.

Berry seems in a funk right now.... maybe a few days off from travel, and getting back to Chapel Hill will cure a lot of ills and get people's heads right. Who knows how this team plays on Saturday, but I don't think it can be overstated how much of a difference there is in the psyche of players, team etc. between winning ugly and losing ugly. If they had lost this game, I think it'd be rock bottom for this team. Maybe that is still to come. But it still counts in the win column just as much as the win over Syracuse or FSU or whoever. And they can still learn a lot.

And I think Berry, Paige, and Jackson are on the verge of clicking together. I agree with giving Meeks minutes to Hicks for the most part.

And without seeing the game, I hate to say this, but I am starting to wonder about the anti-UNC conspiracy officiating stuff. It is just insane / unexplainable how badly we've been getting hosed these last 3 games. These officials could not possibly defend their actions if they had to. Plus, the way they call offensive fouls on us, let other teams drive, charge, and "draw a foul", yet our guards get mugged and its play on - its hard not to believe there is some sort of coordinated conspiracy. Which sucks so bad because it obviously drives our best players to the bench, gives the other team a load of FTs (the only way for example that ND had a chance against us).... and makes the Heels players tentative, one arm tied behind their back, cautious and wondering what they can get away with in playing, without being screwed by some official with an agenda to make the home team and home fans like him. Sick

Again, not seeing the game at all, just from comments here, it doesn't seem that we played that poorly. So happy that Homeschool (JJ) carried us tonight - maybe this will get him going.

Berry seems in a funk right now.... maybe a few days off from travel, and getting back to Chapel Hill will cure a lot of ills and get people's heads right. Who knows how this team plays on Saturday, but I don't think it can be overstated how much of a difference there is in the psyche of players, team etc. between winning ugly and losing ugly. If they had lost this game, I think it'd be rock bottom for this team. Maybe that is still to come. But it still counts in the win column just as much as the win over Syracuse or FSU or whoever. And they can still learn a lot.

And I think Berry, Paige, and Jackson are on the verge of clicking together. I agree with giving Meeks minutes to Hicks for the most part.

And without seeing the game, I hate to say this, but I am starting to wonder about the anti-UNC conspiracy officiating stuff. It is just insane / unexplainable how badly we've been getting hosed these last 3 games. These officials could not possibly defend their actions if they had to. Plus, the way they call offensive fouls on us, let other teams drive, charge, and "draw a foul", yet our guards get mugged and its play on - its hard not to believe there is some sort of coordinated conspiracy. Which sucks so bad because it obviously drives our best players to the bench, gives the other team a load of FTs (the only way for example that ND had a chance against us).... and makes the Heels players tentative, one arm tied behind their back, cautious and wondering what they can get away with in playing, without being screwed by some official with an agenda to make the home team and home fans like him. Sick
"it doesn't seem we played that poorly"? What comments did you read?

"it doesn't seem we played that poorly"? What comments did you read?
I'm just looking at stats, mainly. Shot over 50%. Didn't let them shoot a crazy % 40%. Outrebounded them. Didn't have an insane bad amount of TOs. had more steals, more assists, shot about the same % from 3.....shot OK from the FT line....

I know the stats are lying compared to how we looked (I'll assume) but it sounds like what also kept it close was the very erratic, inconsistent way fouls were called. What could we do about that? That does have some impact on how players approach the game. I'm sure the funky lineups didn't help either. Where would we have been without a big game from JJ? And who could've expected to say that, this morning?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT