ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs NC STATE GAME THREAD

Well I tried to tell people on here that we just aren't that good after I saw us only beat ND by 1 with no Bonzie or Farrell. After that game its become increasingly obvious we aren't very good. Berry needs to step up his game as well.

Well I tried to tell people on here that we just aren't that good after I saw us only beat ND by 1 with no Bonzie or Farrell. After that game its become increasingly obvious we aren't very good. Berry needs to step up his game as well.
You keep repeating this over and over. You realize one game is not representative of a team right? Last year we lost badly to a pretty crappy GT team, and we were the national champions. A 1 game sample size means pretty much nothing. You're not even picking our worst game this year; that loss at home to Wofford was simply inexcusable.

Joel, Cam, and Kenny's offensive efficiency's have all collapsed. That explains most of the struggles, along with our lack of defending the 3 point line meaning we are at the mercy of other team's hot streaks. State was on point shooting the ball and we weren't, we deserved to lose.

Reactions: FranktheHeel
Is it just me or does it seem like something happened to this teams chemistry after Johnson got back from injury. This team was clicking before Cam but once he came back, everyone started to seem off a bit.

I have felt like this as well...Truth be told I would like to see Manly just start the rest of the year and Cam come off the bench...At the end of the day Cam has got to hit shots...Also Williams seems to get lost at times on O...I still say this group is just working thru some things...I know 1 thing if I was a 1 seed I would not like to see this team on the 8 or 9 line in my region...Or a 2 seed and UNC as a 7 or 10...Right now that looks like where this group is headed...I am fine with that...Be nice to be the hunter for a change...

You keep repeating this over and over. You realize one game is not representative of a team right? Last year we lost badly to a pretty crappy GT team, and we were the national champions. A 1 game sample size means pretty much nothing. You're not even picking our worst game this year; that loss at home to Wofford was simply inexcusable.

Joel, Cam, and Kenny's offensive efficiency's have all collapsed. That explains most of the struggles, along with our lack of defending the 3 point line meaning we are at the mercy of other team's hot streaks. State was on point shooting the ball and we weren't, we deserved to lose.

Except it's clear we just aren't that good lol. Every team has a few bad games a year but let's not pretend this team is a final four team... Just not enough talent

Except it's clear we just aren't that good lol. Every team has a few bad games a year but let's not pretend this team is a final four team... Just not enough talent
I've yet to hear anyone in this thread say we are a Final Four team. You are creating a strawman and then using a faulty argument (citing one game) to beat it. There are plenty of ways you could show we aren't as good as last year, though I don't think anyone is contending that point.

I've yet to hear anyone in this thread say we are a Final Four team. You are creating a strawman and then using a faulty argument (citing one game) to beat it. There are plenty of ways you could show we aren't as good as last year, though I don't think anyone is contending that point.

Yeah I more so bring up the ND game cause lots on here proclaimed us a top 5 team in the country after beating them with no basis for saying so. I just don't see the hype surrounded by this time all year on this board. Not enough realists on here imo

And any UNC fan with common sense knew coming into this year that it would be a up and down ride...This fan base has been spoiled to no end...

Yeah I agree which is why I have been receiving backlash all year for being real about this team when people are claiming them as good enough to get back to the final four and saying Berry is a top 20 player in the country

I think the start of the Year might have given a lot of us myself included Fools gold. People tried to tell us at the beginning of the year to temper expectations. We We did not listen. This team is a sweet 16 team Elite 8 is its ceiling

I am finding this loss more depressing than the VT game for several reasons. But I won't use that as an excuse to bash our guys. I wish all our guys were healthy and playing lights out! But I love 'em all anyway, regardless of our recent struggles. Tar Heels Forever!

Differences Duke is going down to the number 2 team we went down twice this week to unranked teams
Duke lost to BC and NCST as well...... Anyone can get beat on a given day.... Winnging on the road is tough and it took a career shooting day from prettt much everyone on the Wolfpack to pull off the uoset

Disagree. If he can simply dribble the ball across half court, that is enough to give Berry a couple extra minutes a game to rest. Berry is completely exhausted and we have 8 more games. I’ve seen Enough of Felton to know he can give 8 minutes per game.
If you are setting the bar that low, then I agree. As long as he takes care of the ball.

Berry sucked yesterday. I am starting to wonder if something might be up physically. He looks a half step slow.

Don't know what team you're watching. . .but it's not been just one game. This is an average team.

Don't know what team you're watching. . .but it's not been just one game. This is an average team.
You can't possibly have meant to reply to me. I'm the one arguing to look at the entire season rather than just one game. Judge us on the season as a whole, not the game of your choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT