ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Notre Dame GAME THREAD

They have a mature team and are fairly large. Their guys aren't chopped liver.

Without Bonzie and Farrell, I think their lack of depth sabotages them against us. But they can still field 7 or 8 good players, so maybe not.

Here are sizes and minutes of their rotation against Ga Tech, in order of minutes played, starters in bold.

SO - Gibbs - 6'3 188 - 40 min
JR - Pflueger - 6'6 206 - 35 min
SR Geben - 6'10 252 - 27 min

SO Mooney - 6'9 248 - 25 min
SO Djogo - 6'7 211 - 24 min
FR - Harvey - 6'6 220 - 21 min
JR Burns - 6'8 238 - 15 min

SR - Torres - 6'7 235 - 13 min

Last edited:
I know I'm a Duke fan and don't really have a dog in this fight......but has ND stated how bad Farrell's injury is? I know they said he was ruled out against GT, but is a day-to-day thing? Losing Colson really hurts them, but they could still be decent and hold down the fort with Farrell. Without both of them......ouch.

I know I'm a Duke fan and don't really have a dog in this fight......but has ND stated how bad Farrell's injury is? I know they said he was ruled out against GT, but is a day-to-day thing? Losing Colson really hurts them, but they could still be decent and hold down the fort with Farrell. Without both of them......ouch.
I was wondering the same.

Gibbs will be a handful. Who guards him? Almost has to be Joel, doesn't it? I mean you could put Kenny on him but then Joel is guarding a 6'6 or 6'7 guy.

Don't play with my emotions, I work tonight!

I'm more worried about who guards a senior big! Dog can hold his own against anyone, but we will need Branley to handle their size tomorrow! (I want some Huff sightings as well)

I wish both Coulson and Farrell could play because the more we are tested now, the better in the Tourney we will be! Nothing like battles to prepare you for War! (and we don't need false confidence against someone we might see again in the ACCT)

We should really win this game with Bonzi and Farrell out. Golden opportunity to steal a road win from a good ACC team.

Only UNC game I will get to see in person this year. Should be a decent amount of UNC fans in the house. We usually have a fair amount of Carolina blue spread throughout the crowd at ND.

Rebounding could be interesting.

In 4 ACC games, Notre Dame has out-rebounded its opponents by an average of 7.75 per game. They only lost the rebounding battle in their 1st conference game against Ga Tech (which they won, at home when they still had Bonzie).

In the 3 games without Bonzie, their rebounding margin shrinks to +3.5.

Meanwhile, despite losing 2 games, UNC has out-rebounded its ACC foes by an average of 16.5 per game and has out-rebounded the opposition in every game (closest being by 4 in the road loss to FSU).

No. Farrell says he’s ready to go and Brey said if they were 1-3 vs 3-1, he might play him. But he says he wants to be cautious. Don’t be surprised if he plays.
It's an ankle injury, apparently. Tough on a PG. Especially against a defender like Joel or Kenny.

I have a few friends that are well connected to ND and Farrell injured it badly vs NCSU. The hope was for him to come back for this game but he should be back for their game vs Louisville on Tuesday. He was always expected to miss the Syracuse and GT games.

No. Farrell says he’s ready to go and Brey said if they were 1-3 vs 3-1, he might play him. But he says he wants to be cautious. Don’t be surprised if he plays.

Umm sorry but that's not at all what they are saying. Farrell is doubtful. I have some connections to the ND program and apparently Farrell says he will play if he physically can - even if it hurts a little since he knows he will never get these games back. With that said, Brey has the final say and he doesn't want to bring him back too early. UNC should win this game by double digits since ND has a real hard time scoring without their 2 best players

Rebounding could be interesting.

In 4 ACC games, Notre Dame has out-rebounded its opponents by an average of 7.75 per game. They only lost the rebounding battle in their 1st conference game against Ga Tech (which they won, at home when they still had Bonzie).

In the 3 games without Bonzie, their rebounding margin shrinks to +3.5.

Meanwhile, despite losing 2 games, UNC has out-rebounded its ACC foes by an average of 16.5 per game and has out-rebounded the opposition in every game (closest being by 4 in the road loss to FSU).

Hasn't their rebounding margin grown oddly enough without Bonzie? I know they dominate Cuse on the boards, as well as State.

I know it's still early in the conference schedule, but this feels like a big game to me. The Heels really need to take advantage of the Irish injury issues, and steal a road win.

We should win by double digits since Bonzie and Farrell are out. However, I'm hearing Farrell will be in uniform but his status for playing is still TBD. ND has only scored 51 and 53 pts vs Cuse and GT without the two of them.

Farrell went through pre-game warmups I'm hearing. Sounds like he'll probably give it a go. Let's hope for our sake he isn't too productive

Luke for 3! 5-3 Heels. Nice to see Luke off to a nice start on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT