ADVERTISEMENT

Watching UK @ Georgia

bleeduncblue

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
First of all, what a great college game so far ... UK could be in trouble tonight.

Second, take a look at the balding UGA fan in a red shirt on the bottom center of your screen (when the camera is on the standard center court view) - he is slightly excited ... and hilarious. I'm guessing that, win or lose, he's gonna be awake for a while tonight.
laugh.r191677.gif

My hate for this UK team is very strong. Lots of posing and taunting. I'd surely take the field against them in the NCAA - I don't think they win it all. Not a very disciplined team - they just haven't played many good teams recently.

And Coach PayPal makes me puke on sight of his fat arse carrying on every game on the sidelines.

I watched part of a home game for them a week ago. To just listen to the crowd, it was ONLY 2 things:

1) cheering after a score or defensive stop
2) incessant whiny bitching that the other team fouled UK, or committed a turnover before scoring.

Nothing other than these two options above is possible. No other team is capable of a good play, UK is incapable of an error or bad play, that they didn't somehow get screwed on first.

It would flat out suck being part of that group of fans.

I'm interested to see how the Cats do down the stretch here, trailing on the road and closing in on a perfect regular season. Wonder how much the players will be thinking about the undefeated stuff.

Posing and taunting ? I`ve seen more posing and taunting out of teams getting beat.
No discipline ?
Yea it does suck being a fan of a undefeated team .
laugh.r191677.gif

I`m not saying we`ll finish that way, but i`ll take it while it lasts.
By the way you guys are building some steam at the right time. Heres hoping you win the ACC tournament.

I think Kentucky is going to go 40-0 this year. They certainly should. It is possible that some team might manage to get them in the ncaa, but I doubt it.

Originally posted by strummingram:

I think Kentucky is going to go 40-0 this year. They certainly should. It is possible that some team might manage to get them in the ncaa, but I doubt it.
I also think they will run the table.

Originally posted by Bur-Heel:

UK going 40-0 would be the worst thing to happen to college basketball!!
Why? It ain't like recruiting OAD's is a new thing. Even the vaunted Duke Blue Devil program does it now. It's well post "en vogue" status -- it's just the norm now.

Remember when Stephon Marbury left Georgia Tech, and everyone was shocked because leaving after one year of college was unheard of?

Sweet 16 loss[/B]

Originally posted by PolkCountyBullGator:

Sweet 16 loss[/B]
I'm afraid that's wishful thinking.

UK is a legit threat to go 40-0. Hell, 30-0 is really impressive. Because we're not talking Wichita St here. Granted, the SEC is not that good. But there are some capable teams. And a road win is a road win.

I presonally think UK strolls into the Final Four. At that point, it's anyone's title to win. I think UVa can beat them just because they are so patient and disciplined and because after the last couple of years, I think Bennett is currently the games best coach in regards to preparation, strategy and getting his team all on the same page. But they'll need Justin Anderson to do so. I think Wisconsin could beat them too because they have a stud in Frank the Tank and then shooters all around him. And their deliberate style could wear on freshman psyches. Duke could also beat them with red hot outside shooting although UK wouldn't need to double team Okafor which means those shooters would have to get their shots off over taller defenders. Maybe ND could beat them just because they bomb 3s so well. Other than those teams, anyone else beating UK would have to be the beneficiary of incredibly good luck and playing the best game they've ever played.

I think Utah and 'Zina could have a shot at UK. And maybe 'Zona might have the best shot, IMO, though VA is pretty damn strong too

They have chance to win it but they only need to lose 1 game. They may finish undefeated regular season but possibly not in either tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT