ADVERTISEMENT

Well its ugly on twitter

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
Reporters saying players are accusing others of quitting. Switzer and scott saying they're behind fedora but not everone's "on the same page". Then the saddest is prob sydney fedora

"I have never been so ready to be home"
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by UNC_Blue:
I think there was a clear divide on the team.
and this happens for very simple reasons...how can this particular team be divided, other than who started at qb or who coached a position/group?

think about how butch ran a locker room...he ran it like an nfl locker room...there was all this talk about how he did it wrong, yet his teams never looked this bad...so, fedora by all accounts, makes it inclusive, yet it appears it's dividing a team?

or is this about a player or four just never grasping the concept?

they gameplaned for ucf...carolina planned as it did throughout the year, for itself.

think about it, did carolina look any different throughout wins or losses other than doing fundamentals better?

they committed to the run vs notre dame more, but did anything look any different?

i thought that's what made fedora different than butch?

Originally posted by gteeitup:

and this happens for very simple reasons...how can this particular team be divided, other than who started at qb or who coached a position/group?

think about how butch ran a locker room...he ran it like an nfl locker room...there was all this talk about how he did it wrong, yet his teams never looked this bad...so, fedora by all accounts, makes it inclusive, yet it appears it's dividing a team?

My gut tells me that Fedora and his atff lost the team in terms of discipline. They have not made it clear that they are in charge, period, and players who get out of line will be swatted back into line, with second probelms leading directly to removal from the program.

Fedora ia trying to be a nice guy, and enough players are taking advantage of that to ruin the team's progression, retarding it.

Fedora despertely needs to hire as DC a man who is feared by hois own players as much as by his opponents, and then Fedora needs to get on the same page.

Yes, but more than just a player or four...

Originally posted by franklin street:
woad do you think that's because we don't have the numbers?
That's a possibility - they know we are short on numbers and seniors, and so go easy on guys. But while it makes sense in way, it always defeats you long term.

When you have a young team that is short handed, and the staff has control of the team the right way, that teamgrows during a tough season. We have seen the opposite. As bad as the ECU game was, our 2 worst were the final 2: MooU and Rutgers. It's like the players checked out after the Dook game.

think about it, did carolina look any different throughout wins or losses other than doing fundamentals better?
Totally agree. We don't gameplan for any particular team. It's just "go do our thing". And when we had success late in the year and even when we had a little success yesterday, it's more about what the other team didn't do rather than what we were doing. We do not impose our will on the opponent. The opponent always dictates how the game goes - even when we won this year. And that's odd and sad. That with the supposed high octane offense we have we can't impose our will.

I like Fedora I guess. He seems like an alright guy. But he has shown no ability to improve the program - none.

Its time for Fedora to focus/improve being a Head Coach. Needs to stop being an offensive guy first and be team first. Spending some time with Belichek could be a good start. HC must focus on what it takes for team win, motivating coaches/players, setting high standards and not playing favorites.

I don't things are so bad with you guys. It just was a bad day yesterday.
This post was edited on 12/27 11:35 AM by ruthetiger

Originally posted by ruthetiger:
I beg to differ. Our program is in utter disarray right now. I have lost confidence in Fedora's ability to turn it around.

Originally posted by Archer2:
Originally posted by ruthetiger:
I beg to differ. Our program is in utter disarray right now. I have lost confidence in Fedora's ability to turn it around.
It is indeed in uter disarray. I think Fedora could turm it around, but it can't be done with firing only Koenning. He has to allow the new DC total control of the D, including hiring an entirely new D staff.

And on top of that, he must look very closely at the offensive staff. At our best this year, we were 1 dimensional (QB draws and other designed QB runs, setting up some passes), and at the end, our offense was exposed as a fraud with a backyard pickup game type level of play.

Was Fedora responsible for that? Or was Littrell?

Our RBs made 0 progress this year. Logan looked better at the end of last year than he did this year. Porter has been a great recruiter as RB coach, but he recruited a lot of dolts at LSU who could not get admitted to UNC, and the LSU RBs were so deeply talented that they would have looked good even if their RB coach sucked at actual coaching. So is Porter wortth anything in terms of 'coachin' 'em up?'

The problem with our running backs is that in our system they won't be spotlighted. We've got 2 high school all American running backs who completed wasted their time coming to UNC.

I don't know Gio looked really good in Fed's offense. I just think our offensive line stunk this year and really hurt our running game.

Originally posted by BalboaUNC:
I don't know Gio looked really good in Fed's offense. I just think our offensive line stunk this year and really hurt our running game.
Blake Anderson was the OC, and our QB did not run the ball at least once every 3 plays.

Your case is that our OL was too weak for our RBs to carry the ball often, but somehow OK for our QB to run all the time.

Originally posted by BalboaUNC:
In the 2nd quarter against Rutgers,Logan ran 4 times for 49 yards. He finished 14-110 with 7.9 per carry. Hood went 10-62 for 6.2 a carry. We just did not run enough. We need more called runs on O. Less read options. Cause if there is an option 90% of the time Williams is keeping it even if the RB has a better chance of getting more yards.

the announcers said it best in the bowl game...the next highest # of carries was by logan with 101...folks, that's like four games for a feature back...no, we don't have what you would call a "feature back" in this offense, but the fact that our leading ball carrier is a qb is a recipe for disaster.

whatever it takes for that to change along with the defensive scheme, i'm on board with.

the announcers said it best in the bowl game...the next highest # of carries was by logan with 101...folks, that's like four games for a feature back...no, we don't have what you would call a "feature back" in this offense, but the fact that our leading ball carrier is a qb is a recipe for disaster.

whatever it takes for that to change along with the defensive scheme, i'm on board with.
gteeitup my friend you are spot on!

I can't figure how anybody other than a relative or best bud or former coach of Williams could fail to see that the QB carrying the ball so much more than any RB is very bad for the offense, doubly so against any team with enough talent on D to cause us trouble. It is not as bad as the whole set of problems on D, but it also would keep us from winning championships if we had the D to be able to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT