ADVERTISEMENT

What do u think of this team so far....

bobby121567

Hall of Famer
Dec 1, 2006
I know it’s early. But so far it just seems like something is missing. I can see us losing the first game. The pitcher for the Florida team was really good. And first round draft choice. But that’s the only game I saw live. But is our third day pitcher a question mark. Don’t feel that a team or program should have to go into extras against a USF. And then lose to a UNCW at home. Or is it hitting. A lot of our kids struck out in game one. 14 or 15. I know there is plenty of games left. And can just be a getting ur feet wet type thing. But not an encouraging start to the season. Thoughts. GODIAMONDHEELS!!!

I know it’s early. But so far it just seems like something is missing. I can see us losing the first game. The pitcher for the Florida team was really good. And first round draft choice. But that’s the only game I saw live. But is our third day pitcher a question mark. Don’t feel that a team or program should have to go into extras against a USF. And then lose to a UNCW at home. Or is it hitting. A lot of our kids struck out in game one. 14 or 15. I know there is plenty of games left. And can just be a getting ur feet wet type thing. But not an encouraging start to the season. Thoughts. GODIAMONDHEELS!!!
I'm not worried yet. The hitting seems fine to me, just hasn't been very timely with us leaving so many on base. We've still managed to put up some runs though. We've got enough talent on the mound and in the pen to make a good run. Third day pitching is a question mark, but it was kind of a question mark last year as well. I still think this team has the talent to make it to Omaha.

I'm not worried yet. The hitting seems fine to me, just hasn't been very timely with us leaving so many on base. We've still managed to put up some runs though. We've got enough talent on the mound and in the pen to make a good run. Third day pitching is a question mark, but it was kind of a question mark last year as well. I still think this team has the talent to make it to Omaha.
The pitching will get better(arms in shape, scouting reports, etc). We strike out way too much, especially this early in the season. Fox is as good as it gets so hopefully he will get them turned around. Also someone on the bench may emerge as a big time hitter like McGee did last year.

I know it’s early. But again. Something isn’t right. I saw that in the one game I saw. Chemistry? Way to many strikeouts. Plenty of time to urn it around. But a 2-4 start? Against the teams we have played. With the talent we have. Should be 5-1. 4-2 at worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT