ADVERTISEMENT

What Happened to My Cabinet Members Thread . . ?

SiersK20170711_low.jpg
So what exactly is the story with this meeting? I haven't been following the news on it that much, but if I understand it correctly his son thought he was going to get some dirt on Clinton from a Russian but didn't. Is that correct or am I missing something? Everyone is acting like this is some major break in the case, so I must be missing something.

I'm sick of hearing about the speculation and the drama around it. Seems like distraction-as-usual from the trustworthy government.

I don't want to start another Trump thread, so I'm going to post this here. I would actually like to see this go to the supreme court, because I think it's a very interesting legal question. Maybe a good old fashion lawsuit will bring @TarHeelNation11 out of hiding.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/politics/trump-twitter-users-lawsuit.html
Interesting. He loves to maintain that Twitter is the new presidential communication tool that has revolutionized the political/public interaction. Blocking people hardly sounds like you're playing fair.

Donald has always shown (long before he became the Savior of the Common Man politically) that he can dish it out, but he can never take it.

Reactions: heelbent
Interesting. He loves to maintain that Twitter is the new presidential communication tool that has revolutionized the political/public interaction. Blocking people hardly sounds like you're playing fair.

Donald has always shown (long before he became the Savior of the Common Man politically) that he can dish it out, but he can never take it.
The legal question to me is really interesting, because I think it can have a lot of consequences for the technological age as it relates to the constitution. It's kind of crazy that Trump has already made, or is in the process of making, a lasting impact on the future of this county. He's already appointed a supreme court judge and will most likely appoint at least one more. The travel ban case is going to define how powerful a president is regarding immigration. If he somehow becomes popular enough to be considered a success by the majority of the country, he will have opened the door for more non traditional candidates. He may not have passed a lot of meaningful bills, but he has changed the country's future for decades to come already.

The legal question to me is really interesting, because I think it can have a lot of consequences for the technological age as it relates to the constitution. It's kind of crazy that Trump has already made, or is in the process of making, a lasting impact on the future of this county. He's already appointed a supreme court judge and will most likely appoint at least one more. The travel ban case is going to define how powerful a president is regarding immigration. If he somehow becomes popular enough to be considered a success by the majority of the country, he will have opened the door for more non traditional candidates. He may not have passed a lot of meaningful bills, but he has changed the country's future for decades to come already.

Perspicacious poast.

The travel ban case is going to define how powerful a president is regarding immigration. If he somehow becomes popular enough to be considered a success by the majority of the country, he will have opened the door for more non traditional candidates. He may not have passed a lot of meaningful bills, but he has changed the country's future for decades to come already.
9/11 "changed the country for decades to come" but not in a good way....

Please explain how Trump appointing a supreme court justice (maybe two) and his travel restrictions are going to be so bad for the country that it could be compared to terrorists attacks.

Thanks.

I wasn't saying it would be good or bad, just that he has done it. I can't think of another president in my lifetime that will have shaped the future of the country as much as he has. Maybe Reagan.

Please explain how Trump appointing a supreme court justice (maybe two) and his travel restrictions are going to be so bad for the country that it could be compared to terrorists attacks.

Thanks.
You claimed it was good because he was changing the country for decades.

I wasn't saying it would be good or bad, just that he has done it. I can't think of another president in my lifetime that will have shaped the future of the country as much as he has. Maybe Reagan.
OK, I agree 100% that he can do it, he has not done it yet but the change that he makes can be both good or bad.

The German people can't think of another person that shaped the future of their country as much as Adolf Hitler....that don't make it good.....

You claimed it was good because he was changing the country for decades.

I didn't claim anything. 0910 did. And then like clockwork, you chimed in with a weird poast to yet again make your distaste for Trump known but then to somehow relate Trump's presidency to terrorists attacks. It was odd.

I didn't claim anything. 0910 did. And then like clockwork, you chimed in with a weird poast to yet again make your distaste for Trump known but then to somehow relate Trump's presidency to terrorists attacks. It was odd.
I simply said that a president can shape history. Good and bad nothing more nothing less

OK, I agree 100% that he can do it, he has not done it yet but the change that he makes can be both good or bad.
IMO he already has. Supreme Court appointments play a huge role in how our country is shaped. He's already appointed one and unless something changes he will most likely appoint at least one more. The immigration case is going to be a landmark decision either way and no one will ever look at a non traditional candidate the same way. Not sure how any of that will turn out, but all of that has and will change the country's future

IMO he already has. Supreme Court appointments play a huge role in how our country is shaped. He's already appointed one and unless something changes he will most likely appoint at least one more. The immigration case is going to be a landmark decision either way and no one will ever look at a non traditional candidate the same way. Not sure how any of that will turn out, but all of that has and will change the country's future
He will appoint two more I believe. Ginsberg and Kennedy. And as far as the travel ban, I have no problems.

Well this is why even though i supported more of trumps policies than clinton's i refused to vote for him. He isnt qualified. he wont last thru the first year. He lacks the temperament and wisdom of a career politician. This is a dumpster fire of epic proportions. At least career politicians know to cover their tracks. I mean WTF was his son thinking? Mind boggling. Say hello to president pence
poKO3PAbj

Reactions: BillyL
Well this is why even though i supported more of trumps policies than clinton's i refused to vote for him. He isnt qualified. he wont last thru the first year. He lacks the temperament and wisdom of a career politician. This is a dumpster fire of epic proportions. At least career politicians know to cover their tracks. I mean WTF was his son thinking? Mind boggling. Say hello to president pence
poKO3PAbj
So, you think he will be impeached or just leave? I'm having a hard time seeing how they could remove him from office even if he gets impeached based on what we know now. Got to remember that you need a two thirds majority in the senate to remove him. I don't see enough GOP senators voting to remove him at this point. There would have to be some kind of evidence come out that directly links him to Russia for that to happen I think.

So, you think he will be impeached or just leave? I'm having a hard time seeing how they could remove him from office even if he gets impeached based on what we know now. Got to remember that you need a two thirds majority in the senate to remove him. I don't see enough GOP senators voting to remove him at this point. There would have to be some kind of evidence come out that directly links him to Russia for that to happen I think.

What i'm thinking, and as much as i criticize trump i hope i'm wrong, is that there is more idiotic crap he or his son has done that will come out that will rise to the level of impeachability. I thought he was smarter than this despite my misgivings about him as pres. Now if i'm a trump supporter i got to be terrified of what else is out there.

What i'm thinking, and as much as i criticize trump i hope i'm wrong, is that there is more idiotic crap he or his son has done that will come out that will rise to the level of impeachability. I thought he was smarter than this despite my misgivings about him as pres. Now if i'm a trump supporter i got to be terrified of what else is out there.
It's certainly possible there is something else out there. I wouldn't be shocked if he is impeached, but I just don't think the votes are there to remove him. Two thirds is a big hurdle, especially when the GOP is in the majority. It would take some huge direct connection for that to happen I think. I haven't seen that yet, but it could be out there waiting in the shadows. I think it's more likely that Trump makes it through the whole term, then says GFY to the GOP and doesn't run for a second term.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
It's certainly possible there is something else out there. I wouldn't be shocked if he is impeached, but I just don't think the votes are there to remove him. Two thirds is a big hurdle, especially when the GOP is in the majority. It would take some huge direct connection for that to happen I think. I haven't seen that yet, but it could be out there waiting in the shadows. I think it's more likely that Trump makes it through the whole term, then says GFY to the GOP and doesn't run for a second term.
I don't watch Fox News, but I do listen to the right wing talk radio and they LOVE Trump. The GOP base is now a Trump cult, so, I doubt the GOP politicians are ready to give up their meal-ticket and bounce the guy. Trump was a sage in his statement of "I could shoot someone" and get away with it. I've not seen or heard anyone who chained themselves to the man even begin to hacksaw the links.

At least career politicians know to cover their tracks.

Hillary is a politician lifer and royally botched covering her own tracks - but you're right that the majority of career politicians do a much better job at hiding their skeletons than Trump has done. But, I'd rather have people in control that don't know how to cover their tracks, that way we can see everything out in the open.

Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't.

Hillary is a politician lifer and royally botched covering her own tracks - but you're right that the majority of career politicians do a much better job at hiding their skeletons than Trump has done. But, I'd rather have people in control that don't know how to cover their tracks, that way we can see everything out in the open.

Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't.
I agree to an extend but with Clinton I have a vague idea of what she would do in a crisis. I have no idea what this idiot would do and that is the only reason I didn't vote for him

I agree to an extend but with Clinton I have a vague idea of what she would do in a crisis. I have no idea what this idiot would do and that is the only reason I didn't vote for him
Same for me. It was the first time I have ever voted that way, too.

Donny Dollhands loves his Time magazine covers . . . I certainly hope he enjoys this one.

redhanded_zps2jfgswdn.jpg

The media is doing a great job of keeping this fake news rolling . . bless their hearts.

Unreported meetings.
Revised security forms with foreign contacts . . . and that multiple times ?
A WH that apparently just loves Russia, but, loves to upset our allies.

Was that a Russian Intelligence Officer in that same meeting with Kushner, Trump Jr. & Manafort and the lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya . . ?

It's a great story that has much of the nation and world watching, so, whoever is writing this script is doing a damn fine job. It's likely a new chapter will surface today.

drip drip drip . .

I find it amusing how Trump told the French president's wife that she was in good shape, and people began to lose their minds.

He gets railed on if he insults women, he gets railed on if he compliments women. Watching people's heads explode on his every move is even funnier than watching his gaffes themselves!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT