ADVERTISEMENT

What is a top DC worth?

I think Dabo is a dork and probably not a great Xs and Os guy, but give the man credit. He gets it. He knows his job is to be the CEO of the program and to win over moms in recruits' family rooms. Then hire the best coordinators money can buy and get out of the way to let them do their jobs. Seems to be working pretty well for them.

Maybe my perception is incorrect but that's what it looks like from here.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
I think Dabo is a dork and probably not a great Xs and Os guy, but give the man credit. He gets it. He knows his job is to be the CEO of the program and to win over moms in recruits' family rooms. Then hire the best coordinators money can buy and get out of the way to let them do their jobs. Seems to be working pretty well for them.

nope, you got it...he struggled with that early on and even vk questioned his viability as a head coach when the hire was made...i don't like his corny bs he sells, but it's working...and they will spend money there, whatever it takes...i respect that.

Originally posted by gteeitup:

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

nope, you got it...he struggled with that early on and even vk questioned his viability as a head coach when the hire was made...i don't like his corny bs he sells, but it's working...and they will spend money there, whatever it takes...i respect that.
I second that!

A HC won a game last night. He was awful in his first season, better in his second and wins an NC is his third. Our current HC at UNC is not on that same track.

Yep, loosen those purse strings if you ever want to compete at any level.

Just my .02 worth...
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Tom79:
A HC won a game last night. He was awful in his first season, better in his second and wins an NC is his third. Our current HC at UNC is not on that same track.
Are you referring to Urban Meyer? He went undefeated in his first season at Ohio State.

Also, that's an awful, awful comparison for a number of reasons.

Many things may stand between UNC and a return to football prominence, but money isn't one of them. Not any longer. And JFTR...neither is the whining and moaning of rivals or the imagination of the local media.

The Chizik hiring signals much more than simply filling a vacant asst. spot folks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT