ADVERTISEMENT

what positions are left recruiting-wise?

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
Now that three guys are leaving early, we obviously have plenty of room for any remaining studs.

Jaquan Henderson, Commodore Deommodore, CJ Cotman, jordan Tucker, the RBs, or xfers Khaliel Rodgers, Cam dillard? Is Jarez Parks going to visit? Add Malik Zaire, and there are some pretty big names still out there.

Last edited:
Now that three guys are leaving early, we obviously have plenty of room for any remaining studs.

Jaquan Henderson, Commodore Deommodore, CJ Cotman, jordan Tucker, the RBs, or xfers Khaliel Rodgers, Cam dillard? Is Jarez Parks going to visit? Add Malik Zaire, and there are some pretty big names still out there.
The HUGE issue with Zaire now is that he is not enrolling until summer (at least that was the last I heard). A grad transfer QB who will not play Spring ball? A huge risk, not just for next year, but for the future.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
The HUGE issue with Zaire now is that he is not enrolling until summer (at least that was the last I heard). A grad transfer QB who will not play Spring ball? A huge risk, not just for next year, but for the future.

It also just makes no fricken sense to me. What does he stand to gain by waiting? Transfer now so you can learn the system and maximize your chances of success. Whether he comes here or not I just don't get this move by Zaire.

Hoping for AJ Davis, Cotman, maybe another WR, and I suppose Zaire or any other grad transfer QB out there.

As Gaucho said, it would behoove Zaire to enroll ASAP in order to best familiarize himself with the new system. Makes zero sense not to and it's a red flag to me.

As far as recruiting, frankly we need help everywhere.

I've changed my mind on the Zaire thing. We don't need him, IMO. Just need to ride with the three solid players we have and hope we don't experience a "Maryland" rash of QB injuries.

We're in good standing with some talented 2018 QBs and the current QB roster is tight-knit.

I've changed my mind on the Zaire thing. We don't need him, IMO. Just need to ride with the three solid players we have and hope we don't experience a "Maryland" rash of QB injuries.

We're in good standing with some talented 2018 QBs and the current QB roster is tight-knit.

But if the coaches were head-over-heels for current QB's would they really be entertaining Zaire in the first place? Fed LOVES to have tons of qbs on the roster, so maybe that is the reason, but the half-empty reason is that Fed isn't confident in the guys we have for Sept 02 2017.

Reactions: gauchoheel
But if the coaches were head-over-heels for current QB's would they really be entertaining Zaire in the first place? Fed LOVES to have tons of qbs on the roster, so maybe that is the reason, but the half-empty reason is that Fed isn't confident in the guys we have for Sept 02 2017.
Could simply be a case of kicking the tires? I'm not sure to be honest with you.

Reactions: blazers
Has Michael Carter enrolled yet? He's the RB from Navarre FL, (same school as Jordan Leggett).
He had a very good senior year, I saw him play once in the playoffs, they lost to a better team.

Doubtful...White is 2018 , Hood would have graduated/used up eligibility.
Actually, I think it could help. It moves everyone up a spot on the depth chart, meaning ZW will get to see how good or poorly Brown and Carter perform. It isn't hard to figure out that ZW and his camp is really focused on depth charts of schools he's considering. So, in a roundabout way, Hood leaving lets ZW get a better sneak peak of who he'd be competing against for RB1 should he choose Carolina.

RB- A.J. Davis or Tim Jordan
WR- Beau Corrales or 1 from a group of 4 including Sage.
OL- might go on a while. May get a visit from Jordan Tucker. A transfer or Juco is a possibility Cameron Dillard(UF) or Khaliel Rodgers(USC).
LB-Jaquan Henderson a possibility. not considered a need.
DB's 2 of Lenoir Deommodore , Dazz Newsome , C.J. Cotman , Hunter and Ameer Speed (my guess Cotman and Speed).
A kicker possibly.

Actually, I think it could help. It moves everyone up a spot on the depth chart, meaning ZW will get to see how good or poorly Brown and Carter perform. It isn't hard to figure out that ZW and his camp is really focused on depth charts of schools he's considering. So, in a roundabout way, Hood leaving lets ZW get a better sneak peak of who he'd be competing against for RB1 should he choose Carolina.
Everything I hear says we have faded with White (which maybe we can rectify). Clemson or UGa.

Thanks for the info to both you and 58. I actually thought he was 2017 so was jumping the gun a little. I hope we can get back in the picture at some point but I guess Clemson is in the driver's seat for now.

Everything I hear says we have faded with White (which maybe we can rectify). Clemson or UGa.
I don't agree with what you're hearing. (I don't think ZW comes to Chapel Hill, though. In fact, I'd bet money he doesn't.)

RB- A.J. Davis or Tim Jordan
WR- Beau Corrales or 1 from a group of 4 including Sage.
OL- might go on a while. May get a visit from Jordan Tucker. A transfer or Juco is a possibility Cameron Dillard(UF) or Khaliel Rodgers(USC).
LB-Jaquan Henderson a possibility. not considered a need.
DB's 2 of Lenoir Deommodore , Dazz Newsome , C.J. Cotman , Hunter and Ameer Speed (my guess Cotman and Speed).
A kicker possibly.
Sage Surratt is 2018.

Also, Beau Coralles is a sleeper, IMO, in terms of quality. I also think Deommodore Lenoir (you got his name backwards :p) is a bonafide baller.

I don't agree with what you're hearing. (I don't think ZW comes to Chapel Hill, though. In fact, I'd bet money he doesn't.)

Sage Surratt is 2018.

Also, Beau Coralles is a sleeper, IMO, in terms of quality. I also think Deommodore Lenoir (you got his name backwards :p) is a bonafide baller.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/5339

Yeah I added his first name after first going with just his last and wasn't paying attention where I was typing. Sorry Sage is 2017.

I like how random dudes pop on the radar this time of yr. Who knew that we were in Jaquan Henderson's top two (he's 4* on espn btw)... Or that someone like Jarez Parks might visit. Exciting stuff.

Just walked by Jake Lawler and Michael Carter on campus. They are both here, and Lawler is huge!!!
Lawler should make an impact as a true freshman. And remember that Toman Fox got injured at the start of last season. Fox and Lawler could be a right nasty pair of DEs.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Lawler should make an impact as a true freshman. And remember that Toman Fox got injured at the start of last season. Fox and Lawler could be a right nasty pair of DEs.

I saw that Lawler is down to 218-220 pounds. He hasn't been working out much the last few months due to the shoulder. But he wasn't big to begin with. I'm wondering if he'll top 240. Not that you need to be 240 to be an everydown DE, but Lawler is already ripped, so i'm not sure how much weight he'll put on.

I saw that Lawler is down to 218-220 pounds. He hasn't been working out much the last few months due to the shoulder. But he wasn't big to begin with. I'm wondering if he'll top 240. Not that you need to be 240 to be an everydown DE, but Lawler is already ripped, so i'm not sure how much weight he'll put on.
He's the kind who can be small and still play very big.

Talk about Tommy Thigpen has flared up again. Coincidence that he recruited Henderson??

Yes the story on him waiting to summer has come from numerous sources , but it makes no sense. I also heard that Brandon Harris is thinking about leaving LSU , he was always a Dual Threat trying to be forced into a pro set offense. Buzz is he wants to visit UNC.

Not stellar, but Navarre isn't a slouch program. One of his teammates is a 2017 4* OLman that committed to Auburn (Nick Brahms)
Also Jordan Leggett (Clemson) played there.
Navarre is in Class 6A out of 8 in football in FL.
The above mentioned lineman was out most of his senior year with an injury, or Carter may have had a better year. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT