ADVERTISEMENT

What the ACC Needs

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
A championship game matching undefeated #1 ranked Clemson vs. 11-1 UNC riding an 11 game win streak.

The Tigers are about to put away FSU.

I think the term clemsoning is obsolete , null and void and probably has come to mean the opposite of the original derogatory meaning. I know Spurrier is probably shatting himself or either relieved he QUIT to avoid facing them..

Yeah. If we do play them, we'd have to win a shoot-out because I can't see us stopping them very often. It's possible if we are firing on all cylinders but they are really good on both sides of the ball. Tall order for sure.

I think the term clemsoning is obsolete , null and void and probably has come to mean the opposite of the original derogatory meaning. I know Spurrier is probably shatting himself or either relieved he QUIT to avoid facing them..
i doubt spurrier has given sc any thought since he left, let alone clemson.

As an FSU guy, I hope it is 12-0 Clem vs 11-1 UNC. Actually hope Clem wins out and wins the playoffs. Don't think they will let a one loss ACC Champ in. Nothing personal
You're right. If UNC somehow ran the table and upset Clemson, they would not make the playoffs. They are starting to get some attention now but way too far behind to catch up, plus we don't have the name brand in football.

Reactions: The Sharkster
You're right. If UNC somehow ran the table and upset Clemson, they would not make the playoffs. They are starting to get some attention now but way too far behind to catch up, plus we don't have the name brand in football.
Yeah, the name brand is everything in this game. I agree with you. I had the exact same thoughts we could win out and upset Clemson and still would not be considered for the Playoff. We would be ACC champs playing in the Belk Bowl.

What would be best for US would be 12-1 going into a nice Bowl. What would be best for the ACC is a well played and well OFFICIATED game with Clemson beating us in the final minute or two.

At least I can dream :)

Reactions: Raising Heel
What the ACC needs is better pay and better benefits for the officials. We need to get a lot better refs instead of the HS refs we have now. We need to attract better officials

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT