ADVERTISEMENT

Why is it OK for media to slurp Dook?

UNCGridironFanatic

Sophomore
Sep 20, 2015
The play by play guy in the UM/dook game is openly calling for flags to be thrown on Miami virtually every play. He's not even attempting to hide his bias. Really irritating, as it continues to be the norm that whatever the sport, the announcers/media fawn all over them more than anyone else, and NO ONE EVER CALLS THEM ON THE B.S.! I mean, I didn't know that Cutcliffe INVENTED football until about 2 and a half years ago!

Right before the half, the announcers talked about how smart it was for Duke to call a timeout after they forced a Miami three and out as if no one has ever done that before. Well, at least at the end of the game, they were talking about how great a win it was for Miami.

To buttress my point, ESPN studio crew whining that Dook got hosed, that Miami knee was down on one of the laterals. Maybe so....but what other program ever has the ESPN guys openly lobbying that they're getting screwed. Frankly, Miami got hosed in regulation SEVERAL times on that last Dook drive.

I'll bet this week coming, unlike ANY of the hosejobs UNC took in the shorts, the league office will say the officials blew it and that poor dook was a victim of officials' mistakes.

Reactions: Uswagpak
All the more reason we need to pound their dookie arses into the turf. Don't even let it be close enough in the 4th quarter for ANY calls to matter.

Frankly, I like our chances for really blowing this one open. Their defense is not as good as last year's and our's is MUCH better. They will be tough, but let dESPN whine and moan all they want. If we can beat them we are in the driver's seat for a ticket to the ACC championship game and there won't be a dang thing they can do about it but cry.

Reactions: Raising Heel
I see several of our "splash" plays getting called back for holding :(

Hope I'm wrong. I think I still have a bit of repressed anger and sadness from our loss to them in Chapel Hill two seasons ago. There's absolutely no way we should've lost that game. Can we please kick all kickoffs out of the endzone this game??

I see several of our "splash" plays getting called back for holding :(

Hope I'm wrong. I think I still have a bit of repressed anger and sadness from our loss to them in Chapel Hill two seasons ago. There's absolutely no way we should've lost that game. Can we please kick all kickoffs out of the endzone this game??
Amen. our KO coverage scares me some times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT