ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (dook game 2)...

897365-DD-DA72-408-D-9388-CCB031-D792-CA.jpg

Really enjoyed the summary, Gary.

Unbelievable....., what this team achieved in winning this game tonight.
It's somewhere around 3am at my house and the celebration is still going on.
The historical victory over this dook team will be etched in the minds of Carolina followers for the rest of their natural lives.

To spoil the celebration of the K worshipers and the slurping media as well, has to be so gratifying to so many who have watched as this man was idolized, anointed, coddled by most, and revered by so many who just don't know..., as the late Paul Harvey would say in his broadcasts "The Rest Of The Story".

You have to give the devil his due of course, and I will also. While he was one of the very best motivators within the College Basketball coaching fraternity, he was also one of worst offenders when it come down to shady tactics to get talented players, who, at times, given their background, had no business being in college or even on a college campus.

As a private school, dook did not have to divulge to the NCAA certain information that would declare certain athletes ineligible that public universities do, and, of course the Rat made sure to take advantage. There is so much that will eventually come to light in future years that will tarnish K's legacy and dook's as well. Just hope that you are around when it does, K probably won't be, as he and the dook propaganda machine will keep things hidden until he has passed the scene.

K is the most Narciss tic and self-aggrandizing public individual I have ever had the displeasure to know. It's all about him, and his accomplishments and in the end, he will deflect onto anyone or anything the blame for any failures.

Is he a great coach....? Yes, I believe that, however, when it comes down to the human equation, nah, he fails miserably.

As for the game.....

Did you notice that Banchero's 23 points come on 26 shots? I think Gary mentioned him as a black hole, and it is true as he made 11-26 shots and that's very inefficient offense, and it's what DES would have enjoyed seeing.

RJ Davis was determined and that determination was rewarded time and again, he had a very good game. Bacot continued to show why he is the POY in the ACC.
It's just my opinion, but I felt that Brady Manek was the MVP. Was his defense on Banchero great? No, and no one else in the league either. You just have to make it as hard as you can for him to score and live with the results. Remember guys, Banchero will be a 1st round pick, and Brady may or may not have a playing future. Brady's 50% makes on 3's, his 11 RB's, 3 assists were enormous and his baskets usually came at the most opportune times. So, he gets my vote.

Caleb had a very slow start, but come up big once again at the FT line late. Leaky played very well. Puff showed us what we can expect from him going forward by dropping that short floater in the 1st half. He certainly was not afraid of the moment although he made defensive mistakes. The starters played the entire second half and dook's players were the ones that looked fatigued. You could also see the anxiety building in the dook players in the last 6 minutes and it affected their play. I saw several of the dookies on camera late and it appeared that they had just gotten an enema. Yep, pressure makes a difference, and the dookies had all of it on them.

Finally..... I had predicted sometime back in a post within a topic that we would finish 23-8. Well, we did. However, the team did not get to that record the way I thought they would, so I guess I'm not the " forecaster" of events after all, but it was a good guess. The confidence gained with this win will certainly help this team going forward. Being the 3rd seed, we cannot play the dookies unless it's for the ACCT championship. I would love for that to happen. This team now knows what the Achilles Heel of this dook team is and may just beat them again if they have the opportunity.
Hey 75 ... the myriad of reasons to hate K are so obvious to many of us, but I have friends/family members that are dook fans ... how is it that they blindly believe that K is a good person ... and that dook plays with any kind of honor? I know that this is a topic for a different thread, but you clearly have inside information that reveals to "real" side of K ... I just wish the whole world could see it ... especially my friends/family members that pull for the dark side.

Banchero won the game he was actually playing! He got his and team is meh! This is exactly what I saw in him since I first saw him in AAU ball! I was glad he wasn't a Tar Heel even though I know he is a generational talent! I predicted Banchero would "hero" them to a loss eventually and guess what? It happened at the best possible moment!

ratty and his evil minions got exactly what they deserved and will get it again as early as the first round of the Tourney if someone actually has the balls to challenge Paolo man to man! They have the most inappropriate fans; the most over the top shiite talking players; and the least knowledgeable fans in D-1! Them talking about other fans is as priceless as Bert & Ernie crying into each other's shoulders!

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Hey 75 ... the myriad of reasons to hate K are so obvious to many of us, but I have friends/family members that are dook fans ... how is it that they blindly believe that K is a good person ... and that dook plays with any kind of honor? I know that this is a topic for a different thread, but you clearly have inside information that reveals to "real" side of K ... I just wish the whole world could see it ... especially my friends/family members that pull for the dark side.
Maybe in the future, I will elaborate on this subject. Look, I never want to give the impression that K is totally an evil person, he is not. However, I know enough about him and his history that he would never even make my bottom 10 of people I dislike.

"I know enough about him and his history that he would never even make my bottom 10 of people I dislike."

I don't know what that means, to be honest.......

We won because we only committed 5 turnovers. That's the key stat. It's hard to beat any team that takes care of the ball like that.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I completely agree with 75. We throw around evil way too much. ratty is just a guy who happens to be a great coach; he appears evil largely because the Family compares him to such great HUMAN BEINGS as DES, Roy, Gut, and now Hubs! What a blessing to not have to compromise my ethical standards just to cheer for my team!

Watch the first 4 minutes of this....classic!

Jay Williams on UNC - Dook Game

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I especially love Jay saying, "we ain't winning no championship!"

I agree with him and really hope they go out in the first round!

Reactions: Archer2 and Steat
OK, thanks for the clarification. I thought you were saying he didn't make the 10 worst list. The only way that made sense is if you included Hitler, Sadam, Pol Pot, Kim Jung, Caligula, Putin, Stalin, McCants, and Satan!

Last edited:
We won because we only committed 5 turnovers. That's the key stat. It's hard to beat any team that takes care of the ball like that.
Yeah the only 5 turnovers was enormous for the win. The crazy thing is almost nobody would say dook played a bad game, until possibly the last 3 minutes. I think twice (once in each half, maybe) they had a 9 point lead on us. UNC just played an almost perfect game (particularly in 2nd half). If you glance at the team stats side-by-side it is difficult to tell who won. Their FG% was a little higher. Rebounds and assists pretty much even. Turnovers and free throws were significant factors for sure.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Ok, look at it this way. If you could list the 10 most reprehensible people you know on a scale of 1-10, what I'm saying, is that he is so reprehensible that I wouldn't even put him on my list, because I think so little of him as a human. In my world he is a nonentity.
I like it! I also agree. The rat is a very, very weird man, and one of the most narcissistic people on the planet. I mean, he basically blamed the loss on a bunch of kids who were shopping for prom tuxedos a year ago. They spoiled his little party. Like you said, he's a nonentity.

Yeah the only 5 turnovers was enormous for the win. The crazy thing is almost nobody would say dook played a bad game, until possibly the last 3 minutes. I think twice (once in each half, maybe) they had a 9 point lead on us. UNC just played an almost perfect game (particularly in 2nd half). If you glance at the team stats side-by-side it is difficult to tell who won. Their FG% was a little higher. Rebounds and assists pretty much even. Turnovers and free throws were significant factors for sure.
And only 1 turnover in the 2nd half, and it was that weird sequence where 3 or 4 dudes all basically ran into each other and dook got a run-out layup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT