ADVERTISEMENT

With Tax Bill passing, what are the net effects?

The worry is that the top will disproportionately benefit over the middle class.
Ok. Let me know what you would consider a good number on this. I've asked the question to hundreds of people before without getting an answer. Maybe you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

But if this trend continues and wages stay flat, the bill we be an abject failure.
Well, the chances of wages going up solely because of this bill are zero. Wages are dependent on about a million different things.

Ok. Let me know what you would consider a good number on this. I've asked the question to hundreds of people before without getting an answer. Maybe you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Well, the chances of wages going up solely because of this bill are zero. Wages are dependent on about a million different things.
- if buybacks and exec pay go up but wages stay flat, it’s a failure. Pretty simple.

- not really. Company profits have been at record highs for years. Cash on balance sheets is at a record high. Companies have said (rightly so) that they won’t give raises or deploy cash because they can’t forecast accurately due to unfavorable business climate i.e. high taxes and regulations. Now these guys have gotten everything they’ve asked for. If profits continue to go up, it has to be reflected in job and wage growth.

hmmm...public and private employee retirement/pension plans and mutual funds (ie. individuals)?
Those aren’t he biggest winners. It’s those who own a disproportionately large amount of company stock. The executives and board members.

I want everyone to win. But it’s going to be a problem if the savings from the top don’t trickle down.

- if buybacks and exec pay go up but wages stay flat, it’s a failure. Pretty simple.
So you're going to be like everyone else and ignore the actual question I asked. Not surprising.

- not really. Company profits have been at record highs for years. Cash on balance sheets is at a record high. Companies have said (rightly so) that they won’t give raises or deploy cash because they can’t forecast accurately due to unfavorable business climate i.e. high taxes and regulations. Now these guys have gotten everything they’ve asked for. If profits continue to go up, it has to be reflected in job and wage growth.
You just listed multiple reasons why wages could change. Thanks for making my point.

No need to respond though. I've already accomplished my objective in this thread when I trolled you well enough to get you to compliment Trump. Something that you have refused to do. You should study it. It will help you become a better troll in the future. If you can do that, then people might actually enjoy your posts.

Reactions: nctransplant
So you're going to be like everyone else and ignore the actual question I asked. Not surprising.

You just listed multiple reasons why wages could change. Thanks for making my point.

No need to respond though. I've already accomplished my objective in this thread when I trolled you well enough to get you to compliment Trump. Something that you have refused to do. You should study it. It will help you become a better troll in the future. If you can do that, then people might actually enjoy your posts.
- you asked a non-sensical question. There isn’t a specific number. Your grasp of the issue is limited. Not surprising.

- I don’t mind complimenting Trump. I give credit where credit is due. When you get exposed, fall back on the ‘I was trolling’ excuse. It’s cute really.

Tip for the future, the purpose of trolling is to enrage someone. Not make yourself look like a mental midget. Hang in there scooter. You’ll figure it out one day. Your trolling is not @matty1212 approved.

- you asked a non-sensical question. There isn’t a specific number. Your grasp of the issue is limited. Not surprising.

- I don’t mind complimenting Trump. I give credit where credit is due. When you get exposed, fall back on the ‘I was trolling’ excuse. It’s cute really.

Tip for the future, the purpose of trolling is to enrage someone. Not make yourself look like a mental midget. Hang in there scooter. You’ll figure it out one day. Your trolling is not @matty1212 approved.
Hmm, that's better but you still have a ways to go. Hopefully 2018 is a better year for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT