ADVERTISEMENT

Withers Embracing Different Role With Tar Heels

He is just 2-12 on 3pt shooting this season (16%) and last season he shot 41% on 40 made 3pt FG. It would really help Withers contribution if he could hit that spot up 3 a bit more consistently. I like his rebounding and energy/hustle especially of late.

It looked to me as if early on like the kid was trying to prove he belonged in such a talented group but in doing so he forced things that either were not there or had much better options. The result was TOs, bad decisions, and disappointment. His improvement and I think it is noticeable over the last 4 games is he is letting the game come more to him than looking to force it, every now and then he will revert but that seems less and less now with each game he plays. BY doing so he is now a net positive for us, what he wanted to show is beginning to show up.

I think you have to look at the contributions of the primary guys off our bench, not just point totals but the all around production for the real strength this team has. JWit, JWash, and Seth are just coming in putting up work, making a difference, taking huge pressure off our starters. They are getting better and better as they do this team gets stronger because it allows us to go to another level that few can match. These guys are beginning to play like starters off the bench.

He is just 2-12 on 3pt shooting this season (16%) and last season he shot 41% on 40 made 3pt FG. It would really help Withers contribution if he could hit that spot up 3 a bit more consistently. I like his rebounding and energy/hustle especially of late.
I do think JWit can jump shoot it well, don't know that I want him pumping up treys because that is not his better role.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I do think JWit can jump shoot it well, don't know that I want him pumping up treys because that is not his better role.
Nobody said he needs to be pumping up treys. He needs to be able to hit the shot when he is wide open at much closer to 40% than 16%

Unnecessary sensitivity peeps!

He needs to shoot 3s only if he is wide open, in rhythm, and after some type of kickout. I love how he has found a niche and is filling it up! We have several players who have made the same discovery: Seth, JWit, JWash, and even RJ & EC have adapted to current needs! I see High finding his role making us a solid 9 deep we can trust. (He even improved his foul a minute habit lately) I can't wait to see High dropping jumpers on peeps because he has a pretty stroke every time I see him in warmups!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT