ADVERTISEMENT

Woman claims rape by football player

Fedora must tread carefully. There are crazy false rape charges that get exposed, and there are clearly many athletes who rape, some brutally and some as serial date rapists.

As a law enforcement officer I will say it is highly and I mean highly unlikely that a detective or any other officer said just keep playing football and live your life. I am not saying this young lady wasn't raped. She very well may have been. It just seems if the D.A. Declines to prosecute there is a damn good reason for it. Like an earlier post said this is a no win. If Artis is innocent than damage is done; someone will always believe you did it. If she did indeed get raped and the d.a. Says there just isn't enough evidence well there is no justice for her, as a dad of a young girl I don't want that either. Seems like no matter what here the school will get a black eye. Unless it comes out that she fabricated the story alah the Duke lacrosse girl.

As a law enforcement officer I will say it is highly and I mean highly unlikely that a detective or any other officer said just keep playing football and live your life. I am not saying this young lady wasn't raped. She very well may have been. It just seems if the D.A. Declines to prosecute there is a damn good reason for it. Like an earlier post said this is a no win. If Artis is innocent than damage is done; someone will always believe you did it. If she did indeed get raped and the d.a. Says there just isn't enough evidence well there is no justice for her, as a dad of a young girl I don't want that either. Seems like no matter what here the school will get a black eye. Unless it comes out that she fabricated the story alah the Duke lacrosse girl.
She really seems to be pushing the issue.

If it were a more "famous" player, I could buy the "looking for money" thing because that's totally what the girl was doing in the Jameis case. But this is Allen Artis, reserve linebacker.
I didn't mean to insinuate that. She could have another agenda.

This doesn't look good considering she nor Artis new each other prior. Not sure what type of agenda a freshman or sophomore student at UNC would have in this type of situation.

Clearly something is amiss if the DA isn't furthering it. So this is pretty interesting case.

The worst part about this is that it might dissuade victims from bringing forward more clear-cut rape cases.

Hope Fedora takes matters into his own hands and doesn't wait on the university process any longer. No doubt they told Artis was cleared but looks very iffy now.

He could put out a statement or go live and say that the program relied on the school and authorities and were told the matter was settled, but it clearly is not. It is his policy players do not have intercourse with very drunk girls for precisely this reason (and if was not his policy, should be now) and that Artis is suspended from play with possible further action.

Hope Fedora takes matters into his own hands and doesn't wait on the university process any longer. No doubt they told Artis was cleared but looks very iffy now.

He could put out a statement or go live and say that the program relied on the school and authorities and were told the matter was settled, but it clearly is not. It is his policy players do not have intercourse with very drunk girls for precisely this reason (and if was not his policy, should be now) and that Artis is suspended from play with possible further action.
Uhhhhh, why would he do any of that?

Uhhhhh, why would he do any of that?

Might not be the right call but if it's not team policy now, he should have a clear policy of leave the wasted girl alone. That he and the team are not going through a bunch of crap over that. If she's really drunk, you are out of luck.
It's not like these guys don't have some other women and girls they can hook up with.

Student criticizes UNC-CH for handling of rape allegation

Posted 12:55 p.m. today
Updated 2:02 p.m. today

marker-icon.png
Find News Near Me
CHAPEL HILL, N.C.
— A student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill slammed the school Tuesday for how it has handled a rape allegation she made against a football player seven months ago.

Sophomore Delaney Robinson said she was assaulted in an apartment at the Ram Village complex on the UNC campus on Valentine's Day, but the university has failed to take action against the player.

"I did not realize that, rather than receiving support and concern from the University, I would only be further victimized by the people who should be working to keep us safe," Robinson said in a statement.

WRAL News usually doesn't identify the victims of sex assault, but Robinson decided to take a public stand on her case. WRAL isn't identifying the football player she accuses of rape because no criminal charges have been filed against him. She has sworn out warrants against him for misdemeanor assault on a female and misdemeanor sexual battery.

"I did everything a rape victim is supposed to do. I reported it. I allowed the rape kit to be taken. I gave a statement. I cooperated with law enforcement and the Title IX office. But six months later, the university has done nothing," she said. "I’m taking this public stand not for me but for the other students on campus who are not protected, despite what the university tells us."

UNC officials couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Orange County District Attorney Jim Woodall said the case remains "an open and active investigation" and that no decision has been made on whether to file charges against the football player.

"We have been careful and deliberate," Woodall said.

Robinson's case comes three years after five women filed a complaint with the U.S. Education Department's Office of Civil Rights over what they called an atmosphere of sexual violence at UNC. They accused the school of under-reporting sexual assault cases and alleged that administrators had created a hostile environment for students reporting sexual assault.

The complaint and subsequent student protests prompted an overhaul of UNC's policy on sex assault, including mandating that all students take an online sexual violence and harassment course, and its procedures for handling sex assault cases.

Julia Sims
Web Editor
Matthew Burns

No good will come out of this.. two lives will be forever changed in the worse way and that's the real travesty regardless of the facts. My two daughters will be going to college (likely in the state of NC.. one wants to go to State and the other UNCC) in 2-3 years and things like this will keep me up at night quite often. especially if one goes to State which just adds to the level of anxiety.

Might not be the right call but if it's not team policy now, he should have a clear policy of leave the wasted girl alone. That he and the team are not going through a bunch of crap over that. If she's really drunk, you are out of luck.
It's not like these guys don't have some other women and girls they can hook up with.
You can have any team policy you want -- won't stop college-aged men from doing these things.

Reactions: skysdad
You can have any team policy you want -- won't stop college-aged men from doing these things.

I am not talking of all college-aged men. I am talking about our football players and in today's age and time, if the girl is wasted, you should leave her alone. And I do think if there is a strong team policy, you will prevent a lot of this. It's not like you are demanding abstinence.

I am not talking of all college-aged men. I am talking about our football players and in today's age and time, if the girl is wasted, you should leave her alone. And I do think if there is a strong team policy, you will prevent a lot of this. It's not like you are demanding abstinence.
Who do you think I was talking about? I'm talking about our football players. Again, Fedora can have any policy he wants, it ain't gonna make a lick of difference when alcohol and girls get involved. Men have been making stupid decisions involving women since the beginning of time.

Reactions: skysdad

Very similar to the internet lynching of Jameis Winston...who was accused by a woman whose story kept changing.

Be glad the player isn't a Heisman candidate on a championship running team...

And...if fans of other teams pile on...well, that's fandom....

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Very similar to the internet lynching of Jameis Winston...who was accused by a woman whose story kept changing.

Be glad the player isn't a Heisman candidate on a championship running team...

And...if fans of other teams pile on...well, that's fandom....
It was very obvious from the beginning that the "victim" in the Winston case was not really a victim.

I will say this, and this is just devils advocate; not what I believe this young lady is doing. she could be playing the school. Think about it. The school is already under the gun with the ncaa and the media. Maybe she regrets something about what happened, or maybe she is just money hungry.You lawyer up and your lawyer says we will get money because the school already has a lot of eyes on it. They won't want this negative press. Presto set for life. again I hope and believe this is not the case. I have to believe it isn't the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach. i am just playing devils advocate to the possibility.

So 6 mos later now an arrest warrant is issued, which all but screams "lets cover our ass". And story has gone national on all three networks plus cnn. Awesome. Once again, given where we're at with image and everything how the freaking hell do u be so sloppy with a case with such a potential to blow up with all the attention to domestic abuse and campus assaults and so on. Mind blowing stupidity at work here. Whether shes telling the truth or not this is just horrible police work from the ground up. Un freaking real.

Reactions: Archer2
The problem is hack journalism and news as entertainment versus news conveying news. Duke lacrosse, FSU, UVa frat rape allegations... the bell is always rung by the media and rushed to judgement without just waiting for the investigation to take place. In this case the investigation took place and the young lady didn't like the outcome. DA decided not to proceed with a charge.

If it were a more "famous" player, I could buy the "looking for money" thing because that's totally what the girl was doing in the Jameis case. But this is Allen Artis, reserve linebacker.

Just wait till the lawsuit against the University comes down, then we can talk about how it might be "chasing money".

Reactions: HeelFan58
So 6 mos later now an arrest warrant is issued, which all but screams "lets cover our ass". And story has gone national on all three networks plus cnn. Awesome. Once again, given where we're at with image and everything how the freaking hell do u be so sloppy with a case with such a potential to blow up with all the attention to domestic abuse and campus assaults and so on. Mind blowing stupidity at work here. Whether shes telling the truth or not this is just horrible police work from the ground up. Un freaking real.
They filed a misdemeanor charge and the felony charge is still being investigated something about still waiting on lab results. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, Artis has been suspended from the team.

Not a lawyer thank God, but it would appear, as a layman, that the filing of a misdemeanor charge is either one of two things

Either A she has a very weak case or B as 58 says they are awaiting further testing etc it has been 6 months on this now.

With the anti cop venom out there and the NCAA mess still hanging over Carolina, the PR is bad and her lawyer probably is going to go after the entire investigation as shoddy and a cover up of some sort. It is Bad for all involved.

No good will come out of this.. two lives will be forever changed in the worse way and that's the real travesty regardless of the facts. My two daughters will be going to college (likely in the state of NC.. one wants to go to State and the other UNCC) in 2-3 years and things like this will keep me up at night quite often. especially if one goes to State which just adds to the level of anxiety.

She could end up getting a settlement from UNC just for UNC to make it go away. That's what Erika Kinsman did to FSU even after having her case denied multiple times due to conflicting stories and total lack of evidence.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
She could end up getting a settlement from UNC just for UNC to make it go away. That's what Erika Kinsman did to FSU even after having her case denied multiple times due to conflicting stories and total lack of evidence.
My guess is this is what happens. Mere allegations of impropriety of any sort are sufficient to cause butt puckering by the PTB at UNC. Such is the extent of the damage to the university's psyche that has been caused by the 5 year investigation.

And nobody was ever charged in the FSU case...But the insurance company that paid (all but $200,000 that is the maximum that a Florida public university is liable for from state sources under state law) figured it would cost more to litigate and decided to settle.

And nobody was ever charged in the FSU case...But the insurance company that paid (all but $200,000 that is the maximum that a Florida public university is liable for from state sources under state law) figured it would cost more to litigate and decided to settle.
FSU settled for like 800k just to make it go away... I wish they road it to the end to make a point.

Maybe North Carolina laws are different, but as I've always understood it, if a girl is intoxicated, legally she can't consent to sex and therefore it is rape. Technically criminal sexual conduct in the third degree.

It's like saying we need a team rule to tell the players not to steal stuff...

The problem with the intoxication law is that many girls get drunk and initiate sex.

Why is it the guys responsibility to know if the other party is intoxicated and to refuse advances?

That is before even considering if the male is intoxicated also.

If a guy is drunk and tries to hook up with a girl and she is all about it and consents, did she rape the guy?

The standards seem unfair. But, that is just my two cents.

The problem with the intoxication law is that many girls get drunk and initiate sex.

Why is it the guys responsibility to know if the other party is intoxicated and to refuse advances?

That is before even considering if the male is intoxicated also.

If a guy is drunk and tries to hook up with a girl and she is all about it and consents, did she rape the guy?

The standards seem unfair. But, that is just my two cents.

People only get up in arms when double standards, and/or sexism, negatively affects women.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Maybe North Carolina laws are different, but as I've always understood it, if a girl is intoxicated, legally she can't consent to sex and therefore it is rape. Technically criminal sexual conduct in the third degree.

It's like saying we need a team rule to tell the players not to steal stuff...

That's not the law per the DA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT