ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer

JuleZ '02 HEEL

Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2003
Here be dragons
Lady Heels are playing in the College Cup (Final Four) this evening at 5 for a chance to play for the national championship on Sunday.

As dominant as they have been historically, they haven't made it this far since 2012.

In 35 years of the tournament, the Heels are the only school to have made the field every year, and North Carolina is 125-11-3 all-time in its 35 NCAA Tournament appearances. That is a winning percentage of .910.

Go Heels!

Lady Heels are playing in the College Cup (Final Four) this evening at 5 for a chance to play for the national championship on Sunday.

As dominant as they have been historically, they haven't made it this far since 2012.

In 35 years of the tournament, the Heels are the only school to have made the field every year, and North Carolina is 125-11-3 all-time in its 35 NCAA Tournament appearances. That is a winning percentage of .910.

Go Heels!
I thought about posting this earlier, but I was afraid to jinx them. Men's team is doing good too. And for those of you who like women in tight shorts, the volleyball team won the ACC and the selection show is this weekend.

I thought about posting this earlier, but I was afraid to jinx them. Men's team is doing good too. And for those of you who like women in tight shorts, the volleyball team won the ACC and the selection show is this weekend.
The selection show was Sunday night.... I think they play in Chapel Hill tonight as a matter of fact!!!

Reactions: Raising Heel
The selection show was Sunday night.... I think they play in Chapel Hill tonight as a matter of fact!!!
My bad. I was thinking it was this Sunday. Looks like we got the overall #7 seed. They were great in ACC play this year. Hope they can keep it up in the tournament.

Not terribly exciting but it's had a couple moments. Looks to me like two totally different teams. Heels players are far more talented and technically skilled. But Stanford's team passing and the way they create space is nice. We just blew an opportunity in the closing minute of regulation.

Going to OT scoreless. Go Heels.

Going to PKs. Again, Heels can't convert on a good opportunity in the closing seconds of a period.

Carolina keeper gets his hand on 2 of the first 3 PKs but can't stop either. UNC misses over the goal in the 11th round of PKs. We lose.

Women's volleyball team tied a set a piece with UCLA in NCAA tournament. It came on right after the soccer game.

There aren't many women's college sports I can watch but volleyball is one of them. I grew up playing the game. We had a team that somewhat represented the college I attended and played a bunch back in the day. We scrimmaged the women's college team once. Their net is so low.

UNC has some nice hitters, especially for their size. Some of these girls get pretty aggressive grabbing each other during their celebrations, which is perfectly ok of course.

Man, I don't know which celebrity daughter I'd rather give it to - Chris Chandler's or Jud Buechler's.

Our non-rev sports have really really molded into the "Dean Smith Way" the past 4-5 years. Have a great regular season, make the playoffs, possibly even make a deep playoff run, but don't win the whole thing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT