ADVERTISEMENT

Would we have lost Bubba if

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Folt had shown her desire to piss farthest earlier?

Bubba almost took the Florida job.

Relevant paragraph: "Also according to those people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the search process was supposed to be private, the school nearly hired North Carolina’s Bubba Cunningham last month. Cunningham, however, pulled his name from consideration the night before he was supposed to arrive in Gainesville to finalize the deal and stayed at North Carolina to the bewilderment of several of his colleagues in the industry."

My guess is that the insider who released the information is a UF wheel, who is making certain everyone knows that Bubba was ready to take the job. It is a type of payback for a late No Thanks. It could piss off UNC boosters as well as signal administrators elsewhere that Bubba may not be as trustworthy as you think.

And as we now know that Folt has insulted Bubba and his head football coach publicly, this revelation could be really damaging.

bubba's from fla and the gators offered 1.4m per.
i really don't think bubba's panties are in a wad over folts statements.

We have to remember that this is a business. Guys go where the money is. And in our case, we have goobers like Folt who are a pain in the ass. Can you blame him?

Everybody has to deal with people in their jobs who they don't always see eye to eye with. Bubba is being well compensated to do so. Plus, from all accounts, he and his family love the state of North Carolina, as do Fed and his family.

Last edited:
I would think that coming from a private Ivy League school to a large public university had to be a big adjustment for Ms. Folt. And certainly Ivy League athletics vs. a major Power 5 program is quite different. I hope/believe that she is learning, not only administrative skills but PR protocol as well.

I would think that coming from a private Ivy League school to a large public university had to be a big adjustment for Ms. Folt. And certainly Ivy League athletics vs. a major Power 5 program is quite different. I hope/believe that she is learning, not only administrative skills but PR protocol as well.
No doubt that there's a big adjustment. I don't think this can be overstated. Sports are a much bigger deal at UNC than they were at Dartmouth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT