ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Phil Martelli (St. Joes coach)...

gary-7

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
Parts Unknown
... just lit up the committee for leaving out St. Bonaventure. I happened to flip to a national sports talk show in my car about an hour ago and in an interview he called them a "disgrace" with an agenda to protect the big football revenue conferences.

This should be interesting...

Sorry but King Rice has more of a complaint than he does.
I dunno --- I thought King might get in because of their road record, but the Bonneys had a way better RPI (as arbitrary as that is). Hey... I'm an ACC basketball guy but I hafta admit I thought the Pitt/Cuse game would have been a de facto elimination game. Cuse getting in pissed some mid-major folks off.

Monmouth is a great story but they had some absolutely terrible losses.

It's St Joes and the A10 ... who cares.
I'm not coming down on one side or the other, per se... but I'll say this Bleed... the A10 is a good hoops league and better than, say, the SEC.
I was just shocked to hear a sitting coach just lay it out there with no filter. Time to put on some popcorn ;)

Yeah his comments and Vitale also went wild, foaming at the moth (literally) and I have to say I agree, there are some out there that should (IMO) be in and some out...tough job for the committee. Not to bail anyone out on this but it does happen every year. Another way to look at it, it really is that close out there among the bigs and not so big schools in terms of how good we all are these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT