ADVERTISEMENT

WR.....Josh Cabrera....

Nov 13, 2005
I served in the Marines with his dad and got to know him well. Any insight as to how he is developing? Will he see any play time this year? Thanks for any replies... Just wanted to know how the young man is doing, always thought he was a good kid.

Semper Fi

I served in the Marines with his dad and got to know him well. Any insight as to how he is developing? Will he see any play time this year? Thanks for any replies... Just wanted to know how the young man is doing, always thought he was a good kid.

Semper Fi

Unfortunately I don't have that kind of information but maybe someone around here does. My guess is he will see some touches this year even though he's playing behind Mack Hollins and also competes with Cunningham. But Mack will be gone after next year and we'll need Josh to get some playing time this year for down the road, assuming he's playing well and is expected to contribute.

Just have to wait and see.

Cabrera and Devin Perry are on a similar PT trajectory. Both were rs Frosh last yr playing behind a ton of depth. Walk-on Senior Dalton Stogner and rs Soph Jordan Fieulleteau were the third stringers. Cabrera/Perry didn't outplay these third stringers so didn't get many reps last yr.

The two might be third-string this yr, but Juval Mollette is decent, Anthony Ratliff-Williams is really good and coming on strong to compete with Jordan Fieulleteau and Jordan Cunningham for two-deep. Proehl is really solid and he could even get some reps at the regular Wr spots as opposed to a-back only... so they have a bunch of competition.

But the Jordans don't seem amazing, so if the guys are athletic and fast, they have a chance to be in the 2-deep 2017, but they need to come on strong since there are serious studs arriving summer 2017.

welp, depth chart came out and he's listed third string behind a senior and RS Junior. So he'll probably get a few chances to impress in live action soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT