ADVERTISEMENT

Wrecked

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
so i’m going around a curve in my neighborhood yesterday morn doing about 25 and i meet a car moving way too fast and in my lane. I swerve and miss but hit a parked car (parked illegally) and flip the jeep on its top. Nothing broken but holy fuk every muscle is screaming. Never been so sore. Big gash on my cheek and both eyes blacked. Jeep is totaled. I’ve put about 10k in renovating it but the book on it is about $3500. No witnesses and speeder kept going. My insurance is having to pay for parked car’s repairs. Fun times.

so i’m going around a curve in my neighborhood yesterday morn doing about 25 and i meet a car moving way too fast and in my lane. I swerve and miss but hit a parked car (parked illegally) and flip the jeep on its top. Nothing broken but holy fuk every muscle is screaming. Never been so sore. Big gash on my cheek and both eyes blacked. Jeep is totaled. I’ve put about 10k in renovating it but the book on it is about $3500. No witnesses and speeder kept going. My insurance is having to pay for parked car’s repairs. Fun times.
Probably a tourist. Seriously though, glad to hear you didn't have any major injuries.

Sorry about the wreck, life just sucks sometimes. Glad you were not hurt bad.

My daughter just received her drivers license 2 months ago. She was fairly confident in driving. She was going to a birthday party. Needed to make a left turn. She struggles gauging speed and distance to incoming cars, so she waited to make her turn. Some jerk behind her played on the horn, started cussing at her out his window. It freaked her out. She said she looked in her mirror and thought he was getting out of his truck. When the coming car passed, she went. Didn't see the car behind that one. Naturally the guy didn't stick around to see if she was Ok. Probably good thing he didn't.

It's amazing how people's actions on the road can affect others and contribute to wrecks. If I caused an accident and drove away, it would haunt me forever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT