ADVERTISEMENT

WTH?

I more than don't like it.

It's business? How many hundreds of millions of dollars MORE does Jordan need to avoid whoring for even more?
I hear you, I really don't like it either. But yes, it is business and not for me to decide how much Jordan thinks is enough.

I more than don't like it.

It's business? How many hundreds of millions of dollars MORE does Jordan need to avoid whoring for even more?
Jordan didn't make the decision, Nike did. I've never understood why Nike hasn't done this for UNC. The Jordan brand has been making football apperal and cleats for a long time. Nike should have made us the first to have this. The UNC administration deserves some blame though. They should have seen the value in this and pushed for it.

Eh! MJ has done his share for UNC and still does,It's all about $$$$,he's no longer an athlete,just a business man.I'm sure all UNC has to do is pick up the phone.

He should probably make a donation to Flint if he hasn't already. Not a super cool move IMO but he's made it no secret that he's a Tar Heel through and through.

So y'all want our football program, which has been overshadowed by our basketball program for the better part of 45 years, to switch to a Nike brand that features a logo of a guy playing basketball? That's what you want on our jerseys?

K.
I understand what you are saying, but at this point Jordan has gone beyond being just a basketball player. He's become a brand. Go into the football locker room and I bet one of the most popular shoe brands is Jordan. Hell, one of the world's best soccer players just signed a deal with Jordan brand. His Jordan cleat design was inspired by a basketball shoe.

So, let me get this straight. About 75% or more of this board is of the political belief that every man should be able to make as much as they can without anyone telling them how much they need to pay employees, or where their stuff is made etc., etc. It's called free enterprise and what America is built on. Yet, you don't think MJ should be able to do the same? Just because he is a Heel and you think UNC should have all his stuff exclusively at his business expense? Ok, whatever.

So, let me get this straight. About 75% or more of this board is of the political belief that every man should be able to make as much as they can without anyone telling them how much they need to pay employees, or where their stuff is made etc., etc. It's called free enterprise and what America is built on. Yet, you don't think MJ should be able to do the same? Just because he is a Heel and you think UNC should have all his stuff exclusively at his business expense? Ok, whatever.
My original intent of posting the article was that Michigan is bringing in a UNC guy? I then thought about it and Michigan has no ex-player that I can think of who could fill the role.

I have no problem with it at all. I'm sure we could have done the same, if we'd so desired. Michael is synonymous with UNC basketball but his brand can and should be adopted by any school that so desires.

Reactions: Billheel
Jordan didn't make the decision, Nike did. I've never understood why Nike hasn't done this for UNC. The Jordan brand has been making football apperal and cleats for a long time. Nike should have made us the first to have this. The UNC administration deserves some blame though. They should have seen the value in this and pushed for it.
Yes and Yes. UNC should have been proactive, and Nike should not have wanted to do anything to offend UNC and/or its fans.

But Jordan also is more than rich enough and powerful enough to have told Niike that he would do a UNC football game first, that Michigan could wait. What would Nike do? Fire him?

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT