ADVERTISEMENT

Yadkin Valley General Store

HookUNC75

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2001
https://postimg.org/image/ogr5nyirr/
Sorry I can't get the image to appear.

@prlyles, My younger son's traditional Christmas gift to his mom each year is to treat her to tastings at some of the western NC wineries. This year on Christmas Eve he took her (and me) to a few of the wineries in the Yadkin Valley area. Our last stop was at Brushy Mountain Winery in Elkin, just down the street from your establishment. I wanted to stop in and personally thank you for checking the local pawn shop to see if my college ring that I lost in Stone Mountain park was there, but we apparently arrived after you closed for the day. (I don't blame you if you closed early as it was Christmas Eve.)

We did eat dinner at the 222 Public House and checked out the new Angry Troll Brewery.

Perhaps I can catch you the next time I'm through town.

Last edited:
https://postimg.org/image/ogr5nyirr/
Sorry I can't get the image to appear.

@prlyles, My younger son's traditional Christmas gift to his mom each year is to treat her to tastings at some of the western NC wineries. This year on Christmas Eve he took her (and me) to a few of the wineries in the Yadkin Valley area. Our last stop was at Brushy Mountain Winery in Elkin, just down the street from your establishment. I wanted to stop in and personally thank you for checking the local pawn shop to see if my college ring that I lost in Stone Mountain park was there, but we apparently arrived after you closed for the day. (I don't blame you if you closed early as it was Christmas Eve.)

We did eat dinner at the 222 Public House and checked out the new Angry Troll Brewery.

Perhaps I can catch you the next time I'm through town.
Sorry I missed you. We closed around 3:00 so people could be with their families. 222 Public House and Angry Troll are both the in an old restored tobacco warehouse. One of the owner's of Angry Troll's wife works at the store. Which winery is your favorite so far?

Which winery is your favorite so far?
I'll have what they're having:

betty-whites-off-their-rockers-2.jpg

Reactions: HookUNC75
Sorry I missed you. We closed around 3:00 so people could be with their families. 222 Public House and Angry Troll are both the in an old restored tobacco warehouse. One of the owner's of Angry Troll's wife works at the store. Which winery is your favorite so far?
I'm not the wine connoisseur that my wife is but if I had to pick one on this trip I'd say Windsor Run Cellars that's close to Hamptonville.

I'm not the wine connoisseur that my wife is but if I had to pick one on this trip I'd say Windsor Run Cellars that's close to Hamptonville.
My wife likes Carolina Heritage Winery, just a few miles down the road from the store. They are the state's only organic winery. My wife thinks their Traminette is the best white wine she has had here in the states. At last count, we had 37 wineries within a 10 or 15 mile radius of the store.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT