ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all got to see this! Meeks-Maye from 2 weeks ago!

mikeirbyusa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
11888093_10153120907341716_737489410797396771_n.jpg

Reactions: RP12
The skinny guy on the right looks like he's peeing . .

Looking at this, in comparison to the pic from when the guys were rehearsing late nite, it sure looks like Kennedy is coming in to this season in fighting trim...keep up the good work guys! :D

OK, so who do this photo shop work? LOL

Meeks looks down right skinny, well skinny considering the first time I watched the kid and he could barely make it past half court. I am not kidding, my theroy was the kid developed such a great outlet pass so he wouldn't have to cross the mid court line on offense.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
any reports about his skills on the court?

You lose the weight it looks like he's lost and an improvement in skill level is a foregone conclusion. All aspects of his game should be considerably better just because of the weight lose. Quicker feet, quicker moves, ELEVATION for offensive and defensive improvement and probably most important is the increase in quality minutes he can contribute. Also with the increased conditioning and weight lose he should be much less prone to bad fouls and his rebound positioning and rebound totals should be much better. Look forward to seeing him in action this year !

never assume anything-confidence is key-perfect practice perfect makes perfect-has he worked on post moves against someone who is capable of stretching his abilities and so forth...optimism and hoping for the best are different than performance..JMM was in great athletic shape but he admitted he did not work on his craft as he should have-good thing is the season is coming and we will see

never assume anything-confidence is key-perfect practice perfect makes perfect-has he worked on post moves against someone who is capable of stretching his abilities and so forth...optimism and hoping for the best are different than performance..JMM was in great athletic shape but he admitted he did not work on his craft as he should have-good thing is the season is coming and we will see

Maye has a tremendous attitude and work ethic. I believe that he will absolutely get the most possible out of his time spent at UNC. He will become a very valuable asset given the proper timeframe to develop...

BUT has he improved his vertical because dude cant jump to save his life. Blocked way too many times for his size, IMO. Love to see the improvement in his body and hopefully this translates to his game.

BUT has he improved his vertical because dude cant jump to save his life. Blocked way too many times for his size, IMO. Love to see the improvement in his body and hopefully this translates to his game.

I agree. His weight loss doesn't automatically mean improved explosion. Because he lost a ton of weight before last season and was no more explosive than the previous year. But I suspect a second summer of weight loss was combined with some muscle building in the legs. It's not like we're the only ones that noticed Meeks couldn't jump over a phone book. Roy and Jonas know it too and I'm sure they put a program together for him to improve his explosiveness. How much? We'll see.

I agree. His weight loss doesn't automatically mean improved explosion. Because he lost a ton of weight before last season and was no more explosive than the previous year. But I suspect a second summer of weight loss was combined with some muscle building in the legs. It's not like we're the only ones that noticed Meeks couldn't jump over a phone book. Roy and Jonas know it too and I'm sure they put a program together for him to improve his explosiveness. How much? We'll see.

Yeah, I agree. Weight loss in itself does not always equate to increased verticle, I know that doesn't seem to make sense but a lot of verticle is quick twitch muscle developement and there are limits to that. If I had to guess he may have increased his verticle by a inch or 2 last season, inch or 2 more this off season would really really help.

Yeah, I agree. Weight loss in itself does not always equate to increased verticle, I know that doesn't seem to make sense but a lot of verticle is quick twitch muscle developement and there are limits to that. If I had to guess he may have increased his verticle by a inch or 2 last season, inch or 2 more this off season would really really help.

Not that I really follow the guy, nor did I ever actually, but Shaq could NOT Dunk early on in his career even though he was 6-8. Weight loss and calf raises did a lot for him. With Kennedy we will see...

Not that I really follow the guy, nor did I ever actually, but Shaq could NOT Dunk early on in his career even though he was 6-8. Weight loss and calf raises did a lot for him. With Kennedy we will see...

Shaq was 6'8'' in the 6th grade.

Shaq was 6'8'' in the 6th grade.

So since Shaq may have been 6-8 at the age of fourteen then I guess this means Kennedy Meeks will not ever DUNK explosively enough?.? Logical conclusion is that Meeks has worked his rear end off (literally) and he will become a much better player this coming season...

Logical conclusion is that Meeks has worked his rear end off (literally) and he will become a much better player this coming season...

OH NO! Not around here! NOTHING positive will ever happen to UNC basketball again-EVER!

Doing everything in his control. Way to go Kennedy.

Yes he is.

Even if he doesn't improve his vertical, his conditioning should continue to get better as he builds muscle mass and loses baby fat. My wish list for Kennedy starts with adding a jump hook to his repertoire. That would drastically eliminate the number of point blank shots he has blocked. I've never viewed Kennedy as a pro caliber player anyway, I'm just hoping he will prove to be a very good college player.

I know how hard it is and how much dedication it takes to lose that much weight. I see him getting n better condition each year and I expect we will see the fruits of all that labor this season. Getting shots blocked is not a big issue, it is what happens next that is. I like his aggressiveness in going back in there because that is the mental hurdle that is hard to overcome. He will see an increase in vertical, but more importantly, he will be able to get that important second bounce to complete plays. Explosiveness, better footwork and positioning on D, and a better touch around the rim and we will see the 14-15 and 9-10 guy we need!

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
I don't think Kennedy gets the kudos that he deserves. He has been a pretty important cog at UNC since he hit the door. Chances of improvement are still there for him more so than most due to the changes he is making to his body.

I think his consistency will improve this year.

Might be underrated by the bulk of our fan base due to lack of flash.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT