ADVERTISEMENT

Years 3 For McGuire, Smith, Guthridge, Doherty, Williams, And Davis?

Brought to you by...

Rogue Shop

* It's a husband/wife outfit, as @OMGanja and his wife are craft cannabis farmers, who specialize in a small batch, sustainable, plant-based holistic medicine, small business.

* The website to visit is www.rogueshop.com

* They own 2 farms in Oregon, and DGIY (their cannabis growing consulting company) consults and runs three more farms in Oregon and Wisconsin.

* They sell Delta 8 products, THCO and HHC. All lab direct, they don’t use middle men.

* On the health and wellness side, they sell Salves, lip balm, bath soak, hemp soap, CBD flower, CBD Hot Cocoa, CBD Seasoning, REAL cannabis t erped Tinctures/Oils.

* For Tar Heel Illustrated members, they can handle personal customized orders and will have a TarHeel10 member special of 10 % off all orders.

1683520919116.png

I don’t think most fans realize how much both coaches struggled early on at Carolina. Deans start is quite famous, but I’m sure most fans don’t realize Dean didn’t start consistently winning until year six. McGuire not until year four. Imagine if online forums and social media was around back then?! They’d both be toast.

Year 3
Frank McGuire: 10-11
Dean Smith: 12-12

...most fans don’t realize Dean didn’t start consistently winning until year six. ...
when Dean Smith took the head coaching job at UNC the program was on probation for recruiting violations under Frank Mcguire plus a gambling scandal. Hubert Davis inherited no such mess. i would be hesitant at this point to compare hubert davis to Dean Smith.

Reactions: tarheel0910
when Dean Smith took the head coaching job at UNC the program was on probation for recruiting violations under Frank Mcguire plus a gambling scandal. Hubert Davis inherited no such mess. i would be hesitant at this point to compare hubert davis to Dean Smith.
When HD took over UNC had not begun to recover from the lies, accusations, innuendos, and other media attacks of the past 7 years. However, I would also be hesitant to compare HD, or any other coach, to Dean Smith.

I humbly disagree that HD did not inherit a mess, he inherited a team that lost all of it's size. Sharpe, Kessler (both on NBA teams). He inherited a team that was constructed to play a style that the kids no longer wanted to play, and it appears he didn't either.

HD can't under preform again this season, and that is obvious, but adapting to today's portal rules may be the hardest thing UNC basketball has ever gone through, and he has to navigate that, and be compared to previous legends while doing it.

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
There should be no hesitation in comparing Hubs to DES as a 3rd year coach. (or any 3rd year coach in history!) It would be patently ridiculous to compare the vast majority of coaches to his body of work and most people to him as a person! (Hubs appears closer than most to his level of character though!)

The point that many have been missing is every coach in history had to grow into their job and some grew into greatness! The key question is,"Is the U patient enough to allow the growing pains that might ultimately lead to that greatness?" or "Will the fans and other stakeholders remember how long our brightest lights took to become great?"

There should be no hesitation in comparing Hubs to DES as a 3rd year coach. (or any 3rd year coach in history!) It would be patently ridiculous to compare the vast majority of coaches to his body of work and most people to him as a person! (Hubs appears closer than most to his level of character though!)

The point that many have been missing is every coach in history had to grow into their job and some grew into greatness! The key question is,"Is the U patient enough to allow the growing pains that might ultimately lead to that greatness?" or "Will the fans and other stakeholders remember how long our brightest lights took to become great?"

That's precisely why this piece was done.

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT