ADVERTISEMENT

YOU are an NBA GM with the 1st pick in the next draft

DSouthr

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
Who do you take with that first pick in next years draft AND why? For purposes of this question, do not factor in team need, of course you would have to if this were not fantasy.

I am kinda torn between Dennis Smith, Josh Jackson, Tatum, and Lonzo Ball. Being concerned with Dennis Smith's knee would maybe push me to take Lonzo Ball with my pick. I honestly think Dennis Smith and Ball are future NBA ALL stars if they stay healthy.

Said that about the Randle class. Said it was strongest since Wade's. I think people would disagree about that now.

So because it was wrong once it's always wrong? Hmmm...

Just saying, most GM's you talk to would like as many picks in this draft as possible...especially near the top.

Just saying, most GM's you talk to would like as many picks in this draft as possible...especially near the top.
I hear what you are saying. And, I am saying I think it won't be as good as advertised.

A lot of these recruits will look amazing until they play against top competition. Then we will see what they are really worth.

I just have a feeling it is a bust year.

I think the guards will live up to the hype besides Dennis smith. However, I don't know about the big man as of yet. Especially Bam Bam.

Said that about the Randle class. Said it was strongest since Wade's. I think people would disagree about that now.

So you're already saying the Randle class, with Wiggins ( averaged 20 points a game in his 2nd year) Aaron Gordon, Jabari Parker, Zach LaVine is a bust? And this class is more highly regarded than that class

I think the guards will live up to the hype besides Dennis smith. However, I don't know about the big man as of yet. Especially Bam Bam.

Tre, don't under estimate Dennis Smith man, if he has recovered from that knee he is a special talent. As for the big men, it kinda depends on what folks expect, bam for example, very high motor, goes to war on the boards but he is not a big time scorer. Giles, very skilled but IMO will need to add strength to realize a lot of his potential. Tatum is a long wing but more of a slasher scorer, wondering how a 6'9" wing puts the ball on the floor, he is a decent jump shooter but that isn't his strength. So yeah, there are some questions with the big men if folks are looking for Ochafor, Parker, or Anthony Davis.

This is a very strong class of guards and a class that I think we will see the NBA convert some of the 2 guards to PGs if they can not get one of the highly coveted PGs. I do think the NBA will be all over guys like Duval, Ball, and Dennis Smith. More than one of those could be lotto guys.

Bam reminds me a lot of JJ Hickson. Giles has the most talent of all the big guys but the injuries at a young age make me wonder from a long term investment standpoint.

Bam reminds me a lot of JJ Hickson. Giles has the most talent of all the big guys but the injuries at a young age make me wonder from a long term investment standpoint.

As many will recall, I wanted bam really bad for us and I am certainly not looking to down play him just because we didn't get him, I would have felt the very same way about him had he committed to us. Bam would have fit us great because he is a high motor defender that crashes the boards, could be a young Rodman type, maybe a lil over the top praise. But he is NOT a big time scorer, he is more an opportunistic scorer than a go to guy. He is going to get you some stick backs and some dunks off lobs but as a freshman I do not see him leading your scoring, like Hansbourgh did for us as a freshman. I see him as a 3yr guy that could play 4 but his circle of influence has him believing he is one & done.

This kid is very raw talent, high motor vs high school competition got him a lot of easy points that will be much harder to come by in college. Giles, IMO is not as much the most talented as he is the most skilled, he is a Chris Bosh type IMO, frame really needs to bulk up and the knees have to work. IMO, Thomas Bryant is the best big man in the country next season.

So you're already saying the Randle class, with Wiggins ( averaged 20 points a game in his 2nd year) Aaron Gordon, Jabari Parker, Zach LaVine is a bust? And this class is more highly regarded than that class

If he thinks that class a bust, he doesn't watch a lot of nba.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT