ADVERTISEMENT

You have $18 to spend: Build Your All-Roy Starting 5

4 Marshall
2 Cam
4 Justin
3 Henson
5 Zeller

Basically the 2012 contender with better outside shooting and one more guy who can streak to the basket and finish Kendall's passes.

Coby at $2 was among my final cuts. He'd also be great on this squad (at SG).

@Archer2 @imajericho, my squad would run your guys out of the gym. Ya’ll are debating about being a runner up.

Marshal (4)
McCants (6)
Green (4)
Jawad (3)
Deon (1)
Marshall would get circles run around him and this team isn't a good rim running team to maximize Marshall's up the floor passing. Not to mention, Lawson would be hounding him all the way down the court anyways. McCants is great but him and Green would be very bothered by the height of Cam and Justin. Henson would send Thompson's methodical inside game packing.

I've compiled a list of who I deem to be the best / most integral parts of Roy's teams here at Carolina (apologies to Reyshawn Terry, Kenny Williams and Kennedy Meeks who just missed the cut).

Quick notes:

I'm sure you've seen the $15 versions, but I expanded it to $18 in order to accommodate more guys.

I combined Wings and Bigs into singular categories since Roy's system is interchangeable.

Sorry, no small ball.

The only liberty I really took was with Marcus. Due to the glut of great PGs, I designated him as a wing. He ended up playing off the ball much more than any of the others listed as PGs.

You obviously cannot exceed $18, but don't have to spend it all.

So, pick one PG, two Wings and two Bigs from the following:

Point Guards (1):

$6 - Lawson
$5 - Felton
$4 - Marshall
$3 - Berry
$2 - Coby
$1 - Cole

Wings (2):

$6 - McCants, Ellington
$5 - Marvin, Barnes
$4 - Jackson, Green