ADVERTISEMENT

You win $100 million, what's the first thing(s) you buy?

TarHeelNation11

Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
I'm talking material things, you know, the fun stuff. For this thread, don't mention a house for your mom or financially securing yourself and your family....that stuff is all kinda assumed. I'm looking for what y'all would buy once all that boring stuff is taken care of and you have $80 million leftover, burning a hole in your pocket!

Cocaine and hookers.

index.php

Beach house at Figure Eight Island
Golf memberships at Eagle Point GC, Cape Fear CC in Wilmington...and River Oaks CC in Houston.
Private jet.

Reactions: Blue2010
Condoms because I'm going to be having a whole hell of a lot of sex and I don't want to be forking over child support.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Good choices. Add Morris to that short list. But we're talking $100 mil. Could think bigger. Freedom Yachts, Spirit Yachts. Or full custom.

And maybe something small and fast, like a Pogo 30:
Pogo-sailing.jpg

Reactions: grillheel
@TarHeelNation11 what would you pick? You never answered your own question

*note to self - please let it be something douchey no one else would do so I can post it in the THN thread that has now about-faced into things THN likes that no one else does.
Some good suggestions already.

I'd definitely buy season tickets to Carolina football and I'd probably buy season tickets for Carolina basketball but give them to family members except for games I really wanted to attend (basketball season is too long and too frequent for me to commit myself to that now that I'm rich).

In addition to that though, here are some sorta off-the-wall material items I'd purchase immediately:

- Golden Tee arcade machine
- Galaga/Ms. Pac-Man arcade machine (but one that has a Galaga where you can shoot really fast -- some of them you shoot slow).
- A really nice house and some land -- at least 10 acres -- somewhere within driving distance (within an hour) of Chapel Hill.
- The nicest hot tub money can buy because I hate being cold.
- lifetime supply of Sour Patch kids, bourbon, Cheerwine, Red Oak, and Bold Party Blend Chex Mix

That's all I got for now.

• A lot of bacon
  • A lot of Froot Loops
  • A lot of Crystal Pepsi
  • Air Heads
  • Pizza
  • Burgers
  • Hot Dogs
  • Fried chicken
  • A bunch of freezers, refrigerators, pantries, etc. to store all this food
  • A room for nothing but a gigantic bed. I'm talking wall-to-wall nothing but bed
  • A gigantic statue of Toucan Sam for my front yard

Beach house at Figure Eight Island
Golf memberships at Eagle Point GC, Cape Fear CC in Wilmington...and River Oaks CC in Houston.
Private jet.

Figure Eight would be awesome. Great area of town, even off the island.

Just a new vehicle. Mine is paid off but on its last leg. In terms of something exotic I'm not sure. Maybe one of those trackman deals along with some indoor golf addition where you can play courses indoors and it calculates your ball speed, swing speed, face at impact, spin, etc....

I'd have a hell of a personal concert, with all my favorite classic rock artists bought and paid for to perform the songs of my choice. All you bitches are invited! (except THN since he's too cool for classic rock... )

ETA: it would have to be a 3 or 4 day festival... a Mark-a-Palooza
I'd offer all the bands more money not to show up to Mark-a-Palooza.

But seriously, that's an awesome idea about a personal concert. My lineup would be drastically different than yours, though :)

As long as it's not country music, we might have more common ground than you'd think. I'm open to new music.
There would be a bit of country . . . .but it would be Texas Red Dirt country, which is sort of a hybrid of rock and traditional country (fiddle, slide guitar, but also electric guitar). The rest would be newer indie rock and alternative bands I like. Okay hell, I'll just work up the lineup:

Day 1 -- Indie Rock & Instrumental
Manchester Orchestra (2 hrs)
Emancipator (1 hr)
**Break**
Explosions in the Sky (1 hr)
Modest Mouse (1 hr, 20 min)
**Break**
Catfish & the Bottlemen (1 hr)
Two Door Cinema Club (1 hr, 20 min)
**End of Day 1**

Day 2 -- Straight-up Rock and Roll
Gary Clark, Jr. (1 hr)
Cage the Elephant (1 hr, 15 minutes)
Black Crows (1 hr)
**Break**
The Gaslight Anthem (2 hr)
**Break**
Kings of Leon (2 hr, 20 min)
**End of Day 2**

Day 3 -- Southern A.M., Hard Rock P.M.
Yonder Mountain String Band (1 hr)
The SteelDrivers [Chris Stapleton would return to front them] (1 hr, 30 min)
**Break**
Turnpike Troubadours (2 hr)
**Break, end of Southern A.M.**
**Beginning of Hard Rock P.M.**
Senses Fail (45 min)
Thursday (45 min)
Chevelle (45 min)
A Day to Remember (1 hr)
**Break**
Avenged Sevenfold (as long as they want to finish it off)

Okay, so not all of those are my absolute favorite bands, but I wanted to pick bands that would sorta go together and give the concert a nice flow. Shit, now I really want this to happen.

There would be a bit of country . . . .but it would be Texas Red Dirt country, which is sort of a hybrid of rock and traditional country (fiddle, slide guitar, but also electric guitar). The rest would be newer indie rock and alternative bands I like. Okay hell, I'll just work up the lineup:

Emancipator (1 hr)
**Break**
**Break**
**End of Day 1**

Gary Clark, Jr. (1 hr)
Black Crows (1 hr)
**Break**
**Break**
**End of Day 2**

**Break**
Senses Fail (45 min)
Thursday (45 min)
Chevelle (45 min)
A Day to Remember (1 hr)
**Break**

Okay, so not all of those are my absolute favorite bands, but I wanted to pick bands that would sorta go together and give the concert a nice flow. Shit, now I really want this to happen.

I think it's clear, concert organizer should not be your job. :)

Seriously though, I've seen a few of those bands in concert already. I highly recommend seeing Avenged Sevenfold. They put on a great show.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
I think it's clear, concert organizer should not be your job. :)

Seriously though, I've seen a few of those bands in concert already. I highly recommend seeing Avenged Sevenfold. They put on a great show.
I've seen Avenged probably 5-6 times. You can't duplicate how much better they were back in the mid 2000s (from about 2003 to 2007), before The Rev died and before M Shadows' voice went to sh*t. Plus, their last two albums have been bland and just too "pop metal" for me.....they sound like they're just trying to write Metallica knockoff songs at this point. They were at their best in the Waking the Fallen / City of Evil / self-titled album era.

I'd also just buy Emma Watson. I'm not exactly sure what kind of price point that would run me, but I'd figure out some type of arrangement. If she's unavailable, Emma Roberts will do :)

I'd also just buy Emma Watson. I'm not exactly sure what kind of price point that would run me, but I'd figure out some type of arrangement. If she's unavailable, Emma Roberts will do :)

I've never been a huge Emma Watson fan. She's not worth spending money on. The part she played in "This is the End" was awesome.

I've never been a huge Emma Watson fan. She's not worth spending money on. The part she played in "This is the End" was awesome.
I've always been attracted to the "cute-hot" girls, who still can get down when no one is around. Emma Watson is definitely cute hot.

Or as Ludacris so aptly expresses it: "I want a lady in the street, but a freak in the bed."

Emancipator (1 hr)
**Break**
**Break**
**End of Day 1**

Gary Clark, Jr. (1 hr)
Black Crows (1 hr)
**Break**
**Break**
**End of Day 2**

**Break**
Senses Fail (45 min)
Thursday (45 min)
Chevelle (45 min)
A Day to Remember (1 hr)
**Break**

Of all the bands listed, I would pay money to see one - YMSB. I've never heard of several and the ones I have heard of are opening acts for better bands.

Reactions: UNC71-00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT