ADVERTISEMENT

Your 1st team ALL ACC picks?

DSouthr

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
Here we are once again, at the end of another regular season & only 1 more game remaining on our regular season schedule. So at this point in the season who are your picks for 1st team ALL ACC?

Mine: I have Justin Anderson, Christmas, Ochafor, Hanlin, Terry Rosier...

2nd team I have Grant (ND), Paige, Brogden, Trevor Lacy, & Harrell

3rd team Brice, Cooney, Winslow, Cook, McClellan

The hardest one to figure out where to put has to be Winslow! That kid
is a baller! But who would he replace on Dave's 1st team? But man I just
love his game! To me HE is the reason Duke is successful. Yes Ochafor
gets all the hype, but Winslow is DA-MAN on that team.

Okafor

Grant

Brogdon

Christmas

Rozier

Marcus Paige on ACC's 3rd team.

what do you all think the writers will do about justin anderson...he has missed 8 games, just about half the season

Anderson having played in only 10 ACC games will hurt his chances at 1st team ALL-Conference honors, not that he probably doesn't deserve it though. I really like his game and hope he can make a return by the time the big dance begins.The guy had an amazing year, was making 50% of his 3 point attempts through almost 20 games, and was leading his team in scoring for much of the year . . historically, I believe the voters weigh the # of games played in conference and that is IMO, the reason he probably won't make 1st team.

Originally posted by BOOGIEMAN1914:
what do you all think the writers will do about justin anderson...he has missed 8 games, just about half the season
Boogie, I think they have to respect the work the kid did prior to that injury and to me prior to that injury he would have been IMO on the very short list of canidates (Ochafor/Christmas/Hanlin being my others) for ACC POY and was maybe just barely my pick over Ochafor because I don't think there as a single aspect of the game the kid was weak in for his playing position. He lead the league in 3%, he defended his butt off, he worked on both sides of the ball and he did it every night. I do agree, the injury would keep him from being ACC POY but he is still easy choice for ACC1st team IMO.

Ochafor IMO is easily the most talented player in the ACC and in college ball as a whole for that matter. IMO Ochafor is a franchise making NBA future star that will have the next draft named after him. You know what I mean, we had the Lebron draft, we had the Tim Duncan draft and this will be the Ochafor draft.I wonder what the Lakers will do in order to get this kid because you know full well they will pull out all stops to get their next franchise maker. But wouldn't it be something if the Spurs found a way to get him, that really would not be fair, first Robinson, then Duncan, and on to Ochafor? LOL

i agree Dsouth, but its no guarantee that he would have continued at his pace...also his team didn't miss a beat w/o him...also check this out...
Some numbers regarding Anderson in his 10 ACC games.

Overall FG% = 37.4% (34/91)
3pt FG% = 36.7% (18/49)
PPG = 10.4 (Would have been a bit higher since he played only 16 minutes vs. Louisville)

those if accurate aren't ALL ACC #'s.....it will be interesting to see what happens with him...???

think Grant gets first team over Hanlan, eye test and having a better team season. Justin Anderson should be first team.. injury or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT