ADVERTISEMENT

Your dream recruiting class for next season...

Hicks, Meeks, and Britt graduate, while Berry and Jackson would declare (assuming the two mentioned stay 1 more year).I don't think Pinson will leave next year. Which will be very good for us.

So for the 2017-18 season, we'd have a roster something like:

Pinson (SF)
K. Williams (SG)
Maye (PF)
Woods (CG?)
Robinson (SG)
S. Rush (SF)
Bradley (C)
(I think we have one Surratt Brother commited to play football and will walkon, but we may get the other to do so as well. Not sure what position they play)

If this is the case, I'd be happy with a class of:

PG (Matt Coleman???)
SG (Platek/Randolph)
CG Felton
PF/C (Washington/Bamba/Tilmon?)
PF/C (Washington/Bamba/Tilmon?)

I do think we will get 1 of either Platek or Randolph. I'd assume it would be first come, first serve.

A class like that would be great for us. Anything else would be icing IMO.

These are my picks. What do you all think? This will give us two big men that we need. One slim goal defender and one bruiser. Felton can play the point or 2 guard. Can handle the rock and score. P.J. can be a big 3 or a 4 and can play inside and outside. Platek gives us the outside shooter we have been looking for. Weatherspoon gives a point guard who can hopefully stick around a few years. By the way, for some reason I do not think we will get Knox. Also, if Coach pulls this off it will be a haul, 4 five stars and 1 4-star. Then add in Platek. I think this group would play well together as well. I don't think there are any me-first personalities, but could be wrong I would love to see Coach pull in 6 recruits. :)

1. Jalek Felton (Combo-Guard) 5*
2. Mohamed Bamba (1st of two big men) 5*
3. P.J. Washington (Small forward) 5*
4. Jeremiah Tillman (2nd of two big men) 5*
5. Andrew Platek (Shooter) (Not sure how he is ranked)
6. Nick Weatherspoon (Point guard) 4*

Felton, Bamba, Knox or PJ, Tillman, and if I can get greedy cause it is my dream to dream, add Carter (with Platek taking an invited walk on spot) !

Felton
Platek
Randolph
Bamba
Washington
Knox
(Witherspoon or Tilmon if we can't get Knox)

Is that too greedy?

We'd have the room, so not really. But I don't think the chances of that happening are very high.

I also think Tilmon is more likely to commit than Washington at this point.

To go with Jalek:

3 big men... yes 3!!
My preference: Bamba, Tillmon and Washington (yeah I can dream) Carter would be cool, but I doubt Roy pulls in that many 5*'s.
So I hope its two of the above bigs plus Washington or another 4yr, 3-4 star player
I'd also be happy if the Heels end up with one true impact 5* seven footer along with two rotation bigs (Washington and one other)

Then in order: Knox (as a wing/stretch 4), Platek and Weatherspoon (if there's room)

I base the above on how Roy seems to have stocked the shelves with wings and combo guards. KW, 7th, Brandon, Shea Rush will be around for a while and with Felton that'll make a pretty formidable group.

Also Leaky is coming in '18 so the backcourt is going to be deep. Up front is where there's room and plenty of PT (esp after this coming season)

Who would I like? Seeing as we will lose a great deal after 2016-17 I'll go with this:

Tilmon, Bamba, Washington, Platek, Randolph and Coleman.

Who do I think we'll get?

Maybe Bamba, good chance for Tilmon, in the running for Washington, Randolph and Platek, and Coleman if we recruit him hard enough.

Don't we want 3 bigs in this class? They don't all have to be 5 star - although at least 1 5-star would be nice - but we will only have Bradley and Luke and if we bring in just 2 we run the risk of not having enough players of the caliber and readiness we need.

Don't we want 3 bigs in this class? They don't all have to be 5 star - although at least 1 5-star would be nice - but we will only have Bradley and Luke and if we bring in just 2 we run the risk of not having enough players of the caliber and readiness we need.

I think 3 big men for this class is VITAL, more so than just a need but a HUGE must! Look, after next season at best we have Tony and Luke returning in our front court and who is to say that Tony does not have a great frosh season and find his path to the league? he should be in a really great position to do just that, considering Hicks and foul issues, the fades we have seen from Meeks in the last 2 seasons, that means Tony get the prime time playing time and could show enough to have that option, we feed our bigs for great scoring ops.

Best case we have Tony, worst case we don't but even best case I would rather see 4 solid front court guys, no offense to Luke but I don't see him as a key front court guy right now. 4 deep would be fine, that means Tony and 3 bigs from this next class, without Tony 3 deep is workable with Luke as the 4th but one of them getting hurt would devistate us.

TWO 2017 bigs IMO just is not enough, we really needed to have added a solid big man from 2016, not getting one kinda hurt and puts more pressure on getting multiple quality big men in 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT