ADVERTISEMENT

Zaire Williams Official visit to UNC - March 8th

Zaire coming for the UNC-Duke game at Chapel Hill.

He will join Precious at the game and I'd be very surprised if one or two of Armando/Francis/Cole aren't there also.

HUGE weekend for us.

niiiice

Yeah, I was wondering if some of these guys are just getting a free visit for a Duke/UNC game with no real intention of signing with us (i.e. Precious). I hope I am wrong, but its hard to believe when we have had no real interest thrown our way by recruits who come to that game. I mean I guess it can't hurt, but still.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
I strongly agee with jah and trim on this/ These kids are not really serious about us IMO.

In particular with that game they get to see Zion and do not have to pay a dime.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheels0015
I don't think Precious is gonna play college ball. He just seems to be giving lip service to the whole process. I got a feeling he's going the G-League $125K route.

Honestly who cares if they are using us, at least they will be on campus and have to listen to our pitch while looking at our biggest game.

Cole Anthony sure seems serious, what do you want him coming to the Wake Forest game? Could you imagine a recruit coming to Wake Forest game, and we loss.

Reactions: Sk1310
Zaire absolutely loves unc for those who say he isnt really interested... will be hard to pull from stanford, and not because of distance, but because of majors offered

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
There is no doubt that Carolina is a real player for Zaire. Can we overcome the west coast allure of playing for Stanford which is an excellent academic school and much closer to Zaire’s family?

Reactions: TheGLOV
2020 PF Greg Brown is taking an unofficial to UNC for the Duke game

Yup heard this a few days ago... but because it wasnt 100% a sure thing i didnt say anything... second hand info sometines doesnt pan out, and didnt want to be jumped on if he didnt visit

Will be hard get for Zaire all the way to east coast. Also his family is close enough to Stanford where they can see him play many times. Looking like Todd may go to UK. With all that being said yall will need a monster class in 2020 because isn't Woods and Robinson will be seniors next year as well plus all the guys departing this year

Will be hard get for Zaire all the way to east coast. Also his family is close enough to Stanford where they can see him play many times. Looking like Todd may go to UK. With all that being said yall will need a monster class in 2020 because isn't Woods and Robinson will be seniors next year as well plus all the guys departing this year

Your first 5 messages on this board:

- Saying how good Joey Baker is
- Saying how great of a human Zion is
- Saying UNC isn't going to have shooting next year
- Saying how we really need people if Nas and Coby leave
- Saying Zaire isn't coming to UNC

I foresee a short career for you here on our board.

Because it's totally one kid's fault the coaching staff is missing on recruits. That's logical. :rolleyes:
Where did anyone say that? I said it would be illogical to think Bacot can sway a recruit to us when he has failed to sway everyone he has tried to so far.

Good try though.

I'll stick to relying on Roy to land or fail to land recruits. Bacot's sway is a nonfactor.

Where did anyone say that? I said it would be illogical to think Bacot can sway a recruit to us when he has failed to sway everyone he has tried to so far.

Good try though.

I'll stick to relying on Roy to land or fail to land recruits. Bacot's sway is a nonfactor.

It's not even his job to recruit other players, nor am I going to discount his efforts because the staff hasn't sealed the deal on these recruits. Most guys don't even continuously try to get others to come with them once they're committed to a school like he has. Just seems a bit absurd that, of all the potential problems that could be discussed with the 2019 class, you'd rather complain about the one guy doing extra work for us.

But hey, if you'd rather bitch about the attempts of a kid who's at the very least trying to be an ambassador for UNC basketball, be my guest. I'll choose to hope for the best while he does his thing. Regardless of the results.

And people call me "negative". lol

Reactions: headenheel

What is of particular note is: he is visiting unofficially March 8th thru 11th.
I cannot recall an unofficial trip where all costs are borne by the visitors being that length. I found that to be unusual. That's evidence to me, of a real interest in UNC. If his grandparents are coming with him, it makes sense, as they are going to move to wherever he chooses to play.

Reactions: Sk1310
What is of particular note is: he is visiting unofficially March 8th thru 11th.
I cannot recall an unofficial trip where all costs are borne by the visitors being that length. I found that to be unusual. That's evidence to me, of a real interest in UNC. If his grandparents are coming with him, it makes sense, as they are going to move to wherever he chooses to play.

Good intel 75, thanks.

I agree - never remember an unofficial going that long. It looks like they really want to vet UNC as a destination.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT