ADVERTISEMENT

Zayden High

Big game against powerhouse Oak Hill this weekend.

Don't think Oak Hill qualifies as a powerhouse this season. 13-10 overall, only scored 35 points in the blowout loss to Compass Prep. Zayden High's team is the powerhouse. You can see the little #4 next to Compass Prep, which I believe means they're ranked 4th in the country.

Seriously, how are you?
Oak Hill is arguably the most storied HS program in history, it doesn't matter what their current won/loss record is.
Steve Smith has forgotten more basketball than you ever knew.

Seriously, how are you?
Oak Hill is arguably the most storied HS program in history, it doesn't matter what their current won/loss record is.
I think u missed his point. He said this season. Under you premise ucla is still a powerhouse because of 40+ years ago. It does matter about current wins and loses.

Reactions: DaveChapelle
Zayden is 6'10" looks around 225lbs or so and the way he plays now days, starting to look to me like a 5 man rather than the stretch 4, I think many expect. He isn't a super athlete but he is a better than you expect athlete, not so different than a freshman Bacot was. Kid has a good frame to carry weight, looks like he could carry 245lbs really well, like to see a little bit more of a mean streak in him to play thru physical contact and be able to finish. Good feet!

Zayden is 6'10" looks around 225lbs or so and the way he plays now days, starting to look to me like a 5 man rather than the stretch 4, I think many expect. He isn't a super athlete but he is a better than you expect athlete, not so different than a freshman Bacot was. Kid has a good frame to carry weight, looks like he could carry 245lbs really well, like to see a little bit more of a mean streak in him to play thru physical contact and be able to finish. Good feet!
PJ Hall of Clemson is the modern day college stretch 4/5. I'm not surprised that Clemson is undefeated in the ACC so far this year. If he was on the UNC team this year the Heels would still be ranked #1.... :).

He was at the top of my wish list for a portal transfer after last season. Regretfully, he never hit the portal. Clemson probably paying the kid some incredible NIL.

Seriously, how are you?

Don't think Oak Hill qualifies as a powerhouse this season. 13-10 overall, only scored 35 points in the blowout loss to Compass Prep. Zayden High's team is the powerhouse. You can see the little #4 next to Compass Prep, which I believe means they're ranked 4th in the country.
Cheap swipe per usual...

Reactions: GameBreaker5
Thanks for the update on Z! I think he and/or Withers will really surprise peeps with their development!

WVa has a couple big men in the portal now and UNC fans seem at least to me to be all in on wanting at least 1 of those 2. My thing is I think easy to understand, do either of those 2 give us more than High can give us. Neither so far have given WVa much and of course we have to realize that we do not have a real reference point for High in college ball. I question if the use of a scholly for guys like that is really worth it. High is already on scholly, we would really appreciate having those extra schollys available after next season to do a little extra portal shopping with. Now if High really isn't ready to contribute you may not have a choice, especially if Jalen has not developed as hoped but if that is the case then you may want to question if bringing in High was a great decision? I think it was a good decision to bring in High and I as well think Jalen can give us some good play at the 5. agree or not, I just want folks to frame the question properly and from there decide which path is better. The fact that both Jalen and High are now already on scholly is a major point for me.

This kid is a real team player. I pray he sticks around for 2-3 more years.

I love that he comes in and soaks up some fouls. A couple of them last night prevented layups - those are great fouls to give. Hubert knows his role and high knows it too and he’s embracing it. He just needs to be smarter about those fouls that are 27 ft from the basket.

The young man is certainly earning his time. Energy, hustle, and joy are carrying him so far, but you can see his skill and confidence building by the game. He will get better at fouling less but I still like that his fouls are based on trying a little too hard and not because he was caught flat footed or out of position! He clearly can score so that will also build as he goes.

Reactions: tarwhiz
One thing that I really like about Zayden is that he is not intimidated about any atmosphere or situation. His intensity is infectious to say the least
The fact that we as fans have so many different young men that we can say we all genuinely like on this year's roster as compared to last year's, says a lot. The recruits coming in next season fall right in line as well.

I am looking forward to Zayden being one of the most disliked players in the ACC. That will certainly come if he improves as much as I think he will by next season.
I love his motor, and skill level.
OK, so like a lot of folks may not like my saying this LOL, I believe basketball IS a contact sport, if I wanted to see no physical contact I would watch golf. I would have both High and Konkwo in every game and they fully understand that they each have 5 fouls and they do not need to worry about using them. I don't want silly fouls but I want you defending physically hard. If the other team drives in to the lane they should show that driver there is a toll for entry, make sure the ball does not go in and send the message you don't come in here, don't expect to get an and 1, you can take your 2 foul shots, as soon as someone helps you up, but no and 1. Sometimes you just have to send the other team a message and let them learn the cost of the toll, be amazed at how many prefer to not pay that toll a second time...

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and RHFD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT