ADVERTISEMENT

Zion to New Orleans

I'm just glad it wasn't the Knicks. Incompetence should not be rewarded with talent. Hope Adam Silver keeps to his promise about ending tanking.

I'm just glad it wasn't the Knicks. Incompetence should not be rewarded with talent. Hope Adam Silver keeps to his promise about ending tanking.
Uh, which of the teams at the top of the lottery would you describe as competent? New Orleans themselves has been extremely incompetent, they just lucked into a #1 pick a few years ago.

Uh, which of the teams at the top of the lottery would you describe as competent? New Orleans themselves has been extremely incompetent, they just lucked into a #1 pick a few years ago.

The Knicks are the worst team by record, ergo the most incompetent in this situation. And you should not be guaranteed the chance to get the best pick because you tried to suck the hardest. Tanking absolutely needs to be put to an end. Learn to cultivate the talent you get or lose your job and stay irrelevant.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
will y'all please f'in bury zion williamson and all things associated with him on this board .... f' him and the paid for horse his ass rode in and out of town on .. geez.

or....and stay with me on this one....don't read the thread.

giphy.gif

I'm sure the Lakers will try to make another offer for AD with the fourth pick included

The Knicks are the worst team by record, ergo the most incompetent in this situation. And you should not be guaranteed the chance to get the best pick because you tried to suck the hardest. Tanking absolutely needs to be put to an end. Learn to cultivate the talent you get or lose your job and stay irrelevant.
They're just responding to incentives man. I'll give you this though; as a Knicks fan I can definitely say the org has been incompetent for a long time. It may finally be changing with Scott Perry in charge, but we'll have to see how the offseason goes. It is apparently all but a done deal that KD is coming to New York.

They're just responding to incentives man. I'll give you this though; as a Knicks fan I can definitely say the org has been incompetent for a long time. It may finally be changing with Scott Perry in charge, but we'll have to see how the offseason goes. It is apparently all but a done deal that KD is coming to New York.

We are still horribly incompetent.

Reactions: gauchoheel
I absolutely love it.Pelicans bad market hardly ever on TV.He would have been better too stay with Rat Face,would have been one more year of ZION.....ZION......OH ZION.....GOOD READONS.

AD is gone. Knicks can offer 3rd pick, DSJ and Knox. LAL can offer 4, Lonzo and Ingram. AD should stay.

AD is gone. Knicks can offer 3rd pick, DSJ and Knox. LAL can offer 4, Lonzo and Ingram. AD should stay.
We’re more worried about management offering Mitchell Robinson, a guy Roy recruited actually. Dude is a stud center in the making on a super team friendly contract.

AD is gone man. Zion with the rest of that lineup is still trash. Why would AD stay with such an incompetent ownership organization?

Hmm. If AD stays, I wouldnt say a core of AD, Zion and Jrue Holiday is trash

No way AD is going for that low a haul. Celtics have the best chance to get him right now.

You think RJ Barrett, DSJ and Knox is a low haul for AD? Possibly some extra pieces need to be added. If the Pelicans trade Holiday, that's a fast rebuild

We’re more worried about management offering Mitchell Robinson, a guy Roy recruited actually. Dude is a stud center in the making on a super team friendly contract.

Love Robinson..block machine, but I'd trade him for AD and the chance to pair him with KD and Kyrie.

You can't get rid of tanking as long as draft position is connected to a team's record.

Reactions: DeuceManJones
Hmm. If AD stays, I wouldnt say a core of AD, Zion and Jrue Holiday is trash

Certainly if AD stays. But do you think he is going to resign with them after all that has happened just b/c Zion might get drafted? I think he wants in a bigger market, but I guess we will see.

Love Robinson..block machine, but I'd trade him for AD and the chance to pair him with KD and Kyrie.
Straight up? Yes. But with a bunch of other assets attached I'd pass. AD is on a one-year deal and will get a super max after.

You think RJ Barrett, DSJ and Knox is a low haul for AD? Possibly some extra pieces need to be added. If the Pelicans trade Holiday, that's a fast rebuild
Yes, I think it is a terrible haul for an all-nba player in his prime.

Zion gonna pull a Eli Manning on New Orleans. lol. Oh snaps, John Elway did something like that too except I believe he use baseball as his back up plan. NBA seems to really love New Orleans. They jack up Chris Paul trade deal to the Lakers year back. lol. Seems like I'm going need some additional UNC famous "Popcorn".

Am sure Zion would have preferred New York, but don't think being in NO will halt his marketing power. He is already to well known. Curry is probably as big a star as there is, and he is playing in Oakland.
As far as AD? I surely don't see him wanting to play second fiddle in popularity to Zion. Think he does want a bigger market. And a shot at being the leader of a super team. Best chance of that is the Knicks. NO could also pick up the third pick and a couple of complimentary players. And rumors have it that KD and Kyrie are looking at signing with the Knicks. Now I am convinced the Knicks would find a way to screw that up, but those three playing together would be imposing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT