ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson Injury Update-Torn Meniscus--Out 6-8 Weeks

I hope I'm wrong, but putting that much pressure on his knees with the 45-inch leap 15-20 times a game the odds are against him.

Lets hope he is smart with his money.

A high percentage of pro athletes are not.

I dont wish harm on anyone, but I have told everyone that his frame and athleticism would make for a short career. This is a lot shorter than I would have thought.

Hoping for the best for the young man. Now that he is out from under the stench of puke, I can appreciate what a fine young man he really is. His passion for the game and extreme athleticism brings a much needed spark to the NBA. Unfortunately, I think his recurrent knee issues are worse than advertised and will eventually cut his career short.

or any other topic

4-5 years at his price still puts a heck of a lot of money in the bank. Not to mention all the dough brought in with endorsements. Hard to believe how much a young man can earn in a very short amount of time.

Not to mention the nest egg tucked away while at Durham...He should be fine. Wouldn't be surprised if the Pelicans put him on a program over the next summer to drop some lbs.

Hoping for the best for the young man. Now that he is out from under the stench of puke, I can appreciate what a fine young man he really is. His passion for the game and extreme athleticism brings a much needed spark to the NBA. Unfortunately, I think his recurrent knee issues are worse than advertised and will eventually cut his career short.
I hope you're wrong, but I tend to agree. I mean, he's a 19-year-old kid and this is already happening. Hopefully, it's just a fluke.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Should have never gone back to play for Duke when he got hurt. I said it at the time. Kid needs to lose 40-50 lbs.
You may be right, but how does he possibly do that? I do not in any way think he's got even 20 lbs of body fat / water weight to drop. He is mostly muscle, it seems to me. I just don't know how you easily go about losing muscle mass weight. I assume muscle mass - once developed - is much harder for your body to burn than stored fat is.

He should get with Lebron James trainer. Bron’s body started to break down at an accelerated pace early in his career before he cut weight and turned his body into a more lean physique.

Reactions: Tru Blu Tar Heel
He should get with Lebron James trainer. Bron’s body started to break down at an accelerated pace early in his career before he cut weight and turned his body into a more lean physique.

the most games he missed before year 9 was 7 in a season. sure doesnt sound like his body breaking down.

[QUOTE="The blessing is that he's already financially secure.[/QUOTE]

He may be financially secure now but .... hopefully that great education he got at dook has prepared him to hold on to it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ajklum and 2DDIMOND
the most games he missed before year 9 was 7 in a season. sure doesnt sound like his body breaking down.

Missing games vs breaking down are 2 different things. Lebron is a dog and has to be damn near in a body cast to not play. Tons of articles out there about changes in his exercise and diet program to protect
His body much better than he did earlier in his career.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Missing games vs breaking down are 2 different things. Lebron is a dog and has to be damn near in a body cast to not play. Tons of articles out there about changes in his exercise and diet program to protect
His body much better than he did earlier in his career.

Did you miss all of last season? Lebron missed a substantial amount of games.

[QUOTE="The blessing is that he's already financially secure.

He may be financially secure now but .... hopefully that great education he got at dook has prepared him to hold on to it. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yep, 4 months of classes prepares you well.

Sorry hate Duke, but Zion will dominate for more than 4-5 years. In year 4 or 5 Zion will prolly be just as strong just at 240-250. Zions efficient on the court, and I'm sure he could play through this injury, but why should he is the point.

Zion out for "weeks" is concerning! Does anyone else think they want Zion to drop some weight before his first regular season game? I like Zion:s preseason, but he didn't seem in top physical conditioning, and that is scary because he had a great preseason.

Did you miss all of last season? Lebron missed a substantial amount of games.

I Was referring to changes he made in workout types and diet years ago specific to whoever it was that said he only missed 7 games max before year 9. Simply saying that missing games and body breaking down aren’t necessarily the same for the guys who would play through a lot. Age is catching up with him certainly.

Coach K is a complete **** boy but I do know that even the training staff at Dook
Had tried to encourage Zion to make changes in diet and make a bigger commitment to the weight room. He did neither.

Many of us talked about it before Zion even committed to duke, the kid is 6' 4" and in shape carries 285lbs, his upper body mass is crazy and his vertical that carries that weight is amazing. To carry that kind of weight, to quickly explode up constantly thru a game in college or before that was 1 thing but doing so over the course of a very long NBA season is a whole different proposition. Physically, there is just no way those legs take that kind of pounding long term and not begin to break down.

We saw it at duke, happened against us, knee could not take the pounding, we saw it in his first G-league game, knee balked at the pounding, and now we have seen it in what, his second pre-season game? How extensive is the damage already done? That quick, extreme explosion vertically up with raw power is his calling card, it defines his game, without that where is his game special? He is not a great jump shooter, he is not a great ball handle, he certainly is not a great assist maker?

Flash in the pan...His upside is good not great, but his reality might be much different.

Many of us talked about it before Zion even committed to duke, the kid is 6' 4" and in shape carries 285lbs, his upper body mass is crazy and his vertical that carries that weight is amazing. To carry that kind of weight, to quickly explode up constantly thru a game in college or before that was 1 thing but doing so over the course of a very long NBA season is a whole different proposition. Physically, there is just no way those legs take that kind of pounding long term and not begin to break down.

We saw it at duke, happened against us, knee could not take the pounding, we saw it in his first G-league game, knee balked at the pounding, and now we have seen it in what, his second pre-season game? How extensive is the damage already done? That quick, extreme explosion vertically up with raw power is his calling card, it defines his game, without that where is his game special? He is not a great jump shooter, he is not a great ball handle, he certainly is not a great assist maker?

def a lot of weight coming down a lot from high elevations, but his injury didnt come from how he plays, it came from a fluke awkward split....def need to lose 20 or so lbs, but from where?...does he completely change his game?

1st step, learn to shoot an actual jump shot that doesn't look like he learned it from Barney Sedran! Then lose about 20 lbs and go for broke youngster!

Reactions: Steat
Who cares! Didn't go to UNC so I really don't care about this guy.. What I do care is about always having to see a dook related thread at the top of our board. They have their own board so I know exactly where to go if I need an update.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Who cares! Didn't go to UNC so I really don't care about this guy.. What I do care is about always having to see a dook related thread at the top of our board. They have their own board so I know exactly where to go if I need an update.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Very simple solution. Ignore the thread. If no one cared they would not reply to the thread or click on it. That's the facts, not an opinion. :eek:

I care because he was a superstar for our principal rival and is a generational talent. I hate puke with a passion, but I love bball more!

I have been saying all along that this was not just "soreness"; I knew something else was going on. I really hope this youngster isn't snakebit!

How do you ignore a thread?

When you see the title that you don't like, don't click on it.

Let me give you an analogy.

Imagine you just walked into McDonalds and looked at the menu. There may be many items on the menu that you don't like but other customers may be interested those items.

Thus, you order what you like and be happy. Other folks may come in and order what you didn't like.

A chat board is McDonalds menu. Order what you like and me happy. Get the drift? :)

When you see the title that you don't like, don't click on it.

Let me give you an analogy.

Imagine you just walked into McDonalds and looked at the menu. There may be many items on the menu that you don't like but other customers may be interested those items.

Thus, you order what you like and be happy. Other folks may come in and order what you didn't like.

A chat board is McDonalds menu. Order what you like and me happy. Get the drift? :)
Fillet o fish extra cheese and tartar!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and Steat
I was under the impression there was a way for me to ignore the threat in a more technical fashion, similar to the way I can ignore certain posters - but I think you knew that.

I appreciate your simplistic yet completely condescending analogy. Even I get it now.

I was under the impression there was a way for me to ignore the threat in a more technical fashion, similar to the way I can ignore certain posters - but I think you knew that.

I appreciate your simplistic yet completely condescending analogy. Even I get it now.

I'm sorry I interpreted your comments that way. My bad.

I will take another stab at it.

I don't think it's programmable to ignore a thread before you "actually" see it.

Thanks Steat. All good.

BTW.... We may have just witnessed a message board unicorn. It's very rare to see de-escalation and have a misunderstanding on a message board NOT result in full-blown, nuclear arsenal argument. LOL

I agree 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT