ADVERTISEMENT

Zion's Recruitment

RoseHeel

Hall of Famer
Apr 11, 2014
Since the Zion thread was never actually about Zion himself, here's a thread actually involving him and some developments:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-williamson-breaks-down-recruitment
  • He's shooting for November, Early Signing Period, to announce.
  • Rivals thinks it comes down to a UNC vs Dook battle. I personally like our chances against Dook for the first time in a while.
  • To say he's not impressed with Drake wearing his jersey is probably BS.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Since the Zion thread was never actually about Zion himself, here's a thread actually involving him and some developments:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-williamson-breaks-down-recruitment
  • Rivals thinks it comes down to a UNC vs Dook battle. I personally like our chances against Dook for the first time in a while.
Be highly surprised if he does not end up at Kentucky tbqh.

I don't know Rose. I am very far away from this but something doesn't feel right to me. I do think that 2018 is gonna be a good year and UNC's road back to recruiting the way we had been experiencing before the last 2 or 3 years. I don't feel that Zion is going to be a part of that. Maybe I'm wrong and by choosing early that helps us. Thought I had heard some rumbling about Zion wanting to represent South Carolina. That is an option and still being on a competitive team for the first time in a while.

Maybe I am alone. But I feel that Clemson has more of a role in this than most realize.

Jalek could be the secret weapon ;)

Reactions: RoseHeel
Be highly surprised if he does not end up at Kentucky tbqh.

Idk, Cal's always a factor in these top guys recruitments, but if not us, I think it's Dook. Clemson is also a dark horse.

I don't know Rose. I am very far away from this but something doesn't feel right to me. I do think that 2018 is gonna be a good year and UNC's road back to recruiting the way we had been experiencing before the last 2 or 3 years. I don't feel that Zion is going to be a part of that. Maybe I'm wrong and by choosing early that helps us. Thought I had heard some rumbling about Zion wanting to represent South Carolina. That is an option and still being on a competitive team for the first time in a while.

Maybe I am alone. But I feel that Clemson has more of a role in this than most realize.

This is a good point. There are often those recruits who want to do their hometown/state proud. In our case, Dozier and Tilmon in 2017 come to mind.

Hell, If we didn't get him, I'd be absolutely fine with Clemson getting him. As long as it's not Dook or UK.

Reactions: gauchoheel
We don't usually win recruits that are openly OAD focused, not sure why people think this one is any different.

Out of curiosity, why you think this about Zion but not Langford?

Zion openly said that he's looking for the team that will help him get to the NBA. It's seemingly all he talks about. Read the Duke quote, he talks about the 6 months to a year he's on campus. Junior in HS and he's got 1 foot in the league.

Langford and his father talk about family, relationships with the staff, making his son a better person along with a player.

The priorities are completely different for the two when choosing a school.

Honestly think the team to beat may be the gamecocks with Clemson being 1A.

Honestly think the team to beat may be the gamecocks with Clemson being 1A.

I think once he gets real serious about his recruitment this summer Duke and UK will rise to the top. Past history is on my side.

This......there is lots of talk about him not leaving SC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT