dj Ford (leg),
Tyler Powell (knee or ankle)
Donnie Miles (forearm) graduates

Potential two-deep'r
Triutt - hamstring

Proehl returns in second to last game!

Last edited:
This is getting really ugly.

Add Myles Dorn to the list. He left the game in the second half with a leg injury.
I was wondering about Dorn. I kinda figured they just wanted to get Britt some practice or were benching Dorn for that deep bomb that was either on him, Miles or Rene.

Rewatched part of the gm online at watch stadium.com I saw Dalton get hurt. An ol dove at his legs, Dalton kinda stumbled over the guy. Saw him reach for his lower leg.

But I never saw sweet get hurt. He kinda pancaked his dude on the brown TD on our last possession of the half. Legs looked totally fine, didn't have any bodies on top of him. Hopefully he just had a really bad bellyache at half...

All that great off season conditioning is really paying off for this team. Fed has it under control, with his head firmly implanted in his own rectum.

About 3 years ago, I linked an article on the then Stanford Strength and Condition coach (I think that's what he was). The article was about his unique way of training to help avoid injuries. The article indicated that Stanford had fewer major injuries than most other programs.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics - but with all the injuries we have year after year (save for 2015), I'd be willing to look into it. If there is any method of training and conditioning that would help cut our injury rate, we need to adopt it.

About 3 years ago, I linked an article on the then Stanford Strength and Condition coach (I think that's what he was). The article was about his unique way of training to help avoid injuries. The article indicated that Stanford had fewer major injuries than most other programs.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics - but with all the injuries we have year after year (save for 2015), I'd be willing to look into it. If there is any method of training and conditioning that would help cut our injury rate, we need to adopt it.

Fed himself is a huge gym nut. I'd say its a safe bet that we have implemented safe and effective training protocols in the weight room.

^ Correct, lies, damn lies.
No need to fill a thread that should be more about individual's injuries rather than BS. Most programs do really similar stuff in the weight room and outside of the weightroom regarding recovery and nutrition. We're just having crappy luck. Nothing would help protect Spain's broken hand, or Jackson's knee versus that shitty turf, etc.

Reactions: Raising Heel
there's no explanation for these types of injuries...these aren't just ham pulls and tendon strains.

this is just bad luck...similar to what @WoadBlue said as far as research, there is research out that suggests better, more efficient, ways to train a football player...some believe in compound movements, some believe in just resistance training and quick twitch movements.

i know a strength coach that prefers kids push tires over in a sand pit to squats and dead lifts.

Here's the "real talk" injury report for this week.

Offense (*starter):

LT Spain* - doubtful
LG Rodgers* - probable
C Dillard* - doubtful
RG Hatton* - out (left team)
RG Cohen - out (left team)
RT Sweet* - doubtful
TE Fritts* - doubtful
RB Truitt - out
WR Jackson* - doubtful
WR Newsome - doubtful

Defense (*starter):
DT Dalton* - doubtful
MLB Smith* - out
S Dorn* - doubtful
S Ford - out

So we're likely down 3 starters on defense and 6 starters on offense (7 if you count Cohen, who would've been the starter due to Hatton's departure).

is your "doubtful" for sweet, dorn, dalton based on inside-scoop, examination of mri's or a certain hotel stay?

I didn't see dorn or sweet's.

It's based on them watching the second half of the ODU game in street clothes. No inside info (as if), just speculation.

gotcha. Dalton was listening in on the huddle and stuff... so hopefully his isn't that serious (or he's just a tough sob)

Seems unusual for this time of the year. Is that so? Other teams with similar list?
highly unusual, this doesn't even include all the guys who were are still getting over injuries from other parts of the yr, like OG Pritchett and Elder, WR Groves, TE Noah Turner, etc.

Seems unusual for this time of the year. Is that so? Other teams with similar list?
in my 50+ years as a college football fan i've never seen anything like this. several starters out is not rare, but a list this long of key players out -- it's ridiculous, bizarre.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Probably same reason he left in the first place. Rumor is that he has a tough case of depression (depression ebbs and flows but can be paralyzing when bad)

The rigidity and constant stress of a D1 football player's schedule would ratchet up depression to 11. Never getting enough sleep from the constant barrage of schoolwork, practice, training, film study, etc. is brutal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT