ADVERTISEMENT

40th Anniversary of SNL Sunday night

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
Hard to believe it has been that long, but I DO have many fond memories at least those I CAN remember of that original year. We WANTED to watch TV on a Saturday night at 11:30 and that cast was outstanding.

My all time most UNDERRATED cast member was Phil Hartman. THAT guy was supremely talented and hilarious

Gonna watch this Sunday and just enjoy it!!!!

I can remember the original 'Not ready for prime-time cast' . . . Oh my Lord, that was the funniest show ever back in the day.

Dan Aykroyd

John Belushi

Jane Curtin

George Coe

Laraine Newman

Gilda Radner

Then Garrett Morris, Tom Davis and Al Franken joined the group a couple years later . .

morris so underrated...we'll be watching sunday night.

i recall three skits to this day that still make me lol.

1) eddie murphy going white for the job

2) unfrozen caveman lawyer

3) the timberlake/samberg music skits

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for the special. I'm a huge SNL fan. If you haven't read "Live from New York" you really should. It's a massive oral history of the show from tons of cast members and writers. I actually should read the updated edition, because the book came out a decade ago, but I love every era of the show. My personal top 10 cast members (in chronological order, and limited to their time on the show) would be Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Mike Myers, Chris Farley, Will Ferrell, and Bill Hader, but there are dozens of great cast members in there.

Eddie Murphy's skit where he is James Brown going into the hot tub is one of the single funniest things I have ever seen

The skit were Eddie Murphy was a prison inmate reciting his poem "Kill My Landlord" was hilarious...

Dark and lonely on the summer night.
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
Watchdog barking - Do he bite?[/I]
Slip in his window,
Break his neck!
Then his house
I start to wreck!
Got no reason --
What the heck![/I]
C-I-L-L ...
My land - lord[/I] ...

This post was edited on 2/14 10:51 AM by TarHeelMark

Yeah, I'm a big fan as well. I even like it now and try and catch every new show. Some of the cast members are pretty pedestrian but a few of them are really good. Obviously, the writers are just as important as the case as well.

well, it killed tonight...other than kanye, the entire show has been excellent...i always forget about the jeopardy skit, what a classic, updated.

Originally posted by gteeitup:
well, it killed tonight...other than kanye, the entire show has been excellent...i always forget about the jeopardy skit, what a classic, updated.
The Celebrity Jeopardy skit has always been my favorite and the one tonight was excellent. Wayne's World was also great. Kanye was flippin' terrible, though besides McCartney (who I really don't love tbh but thought he was very good tonight) the music was terrible. Overall, the show was excellent though. Few times does something deliver but the show tonight definitely did IMO.

I watched 2 plus hours of it and recorded the rest. For what I viewed, I thought it was very good . .

Originally posted by heelmanwilm:
Loved it! Where was dan akroyd though? Did i miss him? And i was hoping for a three amigos reunion skit.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Dan opened the show with a recreation of the Bass-O-Matic, complete with Laraine Newman!

I only watched the first 90 minutes or so, and then had to switch to the Walking Dead; I'll catch the rest tonight, but it was really good from what I saw. (Bradley Cooper making out with Bette White was hilarious.)

Originally posted by heelmanwilm:

"Le tits now" lmao!!!
laugh.r191677.gif

Yeah, the Jeopardy skit may have been the funniest part that I watched last night . .

Was good, I was hoping they would show more of the classic clips but I guess there is only so much time....

just saw the isis commercial this morning from saturday's show...people are all uptight about it...thought it was hilarious.

gteeitupReply3/2 6:46 PM
Re: 40th Anniversary of SNL Sunday night
just saw the isis commercial this morning from saturday's show...people are all uptight about it...thought it was hilarious.
3/2 7:46 PM | IP: Logged

Lol they shoulda showed her putting on a burka and being sold to some old fat mullah
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT