ADVERTISEMENT

A Look-in on JMU

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
I think the last time we discussed anything JMU here, the geniuses who were adamant that I was proven totally ignorant about football by saying that Bly was at best a very risky hire and that Mack could never win anything worth the trouble with the initial staff he hired also asserted that I was nuts for thinking that JMU HC Curt Cignetti could be worth a good luck by UNC and other ACC schools.

Here is ESPN updating JMU's transition from 1AA (FCS) up to 1A (FBS).

Opening paragraph: "In just its second season as an FBS football program, James Madison has achieved an unprecedented 6-0 start, becoming the first team to do so while making the transition from the FCS to the FBS."

Even better than App St did.

2nd paragraph: "The Dukes have already defeated five FBS opponents this season, the most by a team in the second year of transition, and they've won nine consecutive games dating back to last season, the sixth-longest active winning streak in the FBS."

JMU was originally just a teacher's college and was all female until the late 1960s. It did not play any football until the 1970s. It clearly has a decent or better future as a G5 football program.

• Haha
Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
It is a tad funny that JMU and Liberty are better than UVA, maybe better than VT.

It is a tad funny that JMU and Liberty are better than UVA, maybe better than VT.
Coaches make a big difference, and recruiting is never the most important part of coaching - unless it sucks something awful.

He figured out a way he could shit on Carolina football, so he was all over it. Doesn't really matter what team or subject.
For the JMU story to shit on UNC dfiootball, then something must be bad wrong with UNC football that is obvious in just thinking about both programs.

For the JMU story to shit on UNC dfiootball, then something must be bad wrong with UNC football that is obvious in just thinking about both programs.
I posted that a week ago and you're just now responding to it? Welcome to the present Doc Brown.

Would rather have a younger guy..He is what 62 now…Go get the DC at UGA when Mack retires…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT