ADVERTISEMENT

ACC bowls 2016 season

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
The fact is that future TV deals depend in part on what the conference members do in bowls. Even more so, national prestige rises and falls with bowl performance by conference.

The ACC has begun well. Most people rank the Big Ten the best conference this year. It may have the best top 4 teams - I say 'may' because there is a history of the national media over-ranking and over-promoting the Big Ten that goes back to at least the early 1920s. Hapless BC beat Maryland 36-30. Each team was 6-6 overall. BC was 2-6 in ACC play, and the Twerps were 3-6 in the BT.

The Wuffie victory over Vandy (41-17) may be more important. Vandy was 3-5 in the SEC, and as every SEC fan knows, 3 Ws in the SEC is equal to the 2nd or 3rd best team in the ACC.

The ACC starting 2-0 over other P5 leagues is great. But the Wake W over 10 win AAC champ Temple is more impressive. The AAC is very good football - see Houston, Navy, Memphis, USF. A 6-6 ACC team beating the AAC champ is a strong statement about the depth of ACC quality.

Nice start, to say the least. Let's keep it rolling.

BC 36
Maryland 30

NVSU 41
Vandy 17

Wake 34
Temple 26

Pitt 12/28/16 2:00PM
NW

Miami 12/28/16 5:30PM
WV

VT 12/29/16 5:30PM
Arkansas

UNC 12/30/16 2:00PM
Stanford

FSU 12/30/16 8:00PM
Michigan

Louisville 12/31/16 11:00AM
LSU

GT 12/31/16 11:00AM
UK

Clemson 12/31/16 7:00PM
OSU

Last edited:
Godda*n Hokies. I bet a stupid amount of money on Arkansas seeing this thing out and I'm about to LOSE. IT. ALL.
Arkansas got blown out in the 2nd half by Mizzou. You should not have bet that the Hawgs could play an entire game.

The issue now is will Bielema get fired.

The way FSU is beating Michigan, I have a feeling Clemson will put the monster whammy on Meyer's Boys.

ETA:

Oops!

Last edited:
The way FSU is beating Michigan, I have a feeling Clemson will put the monster whammy on Meyer's Boys.

ETA:

Oops!
FSU seemed to try to give it away.

But the W is good for the ACC. At one point, the pollsters had 4 BT teams in the Top 4, 2 of them in the Top 4. They almost all have declared the BT to be the best league this year. So a 3 Loss ACC team beating a 2 Loss BT team is big for the ACC.

I really hope Clemson smokes tOSU. I despise Meyer, and that on top of hating the Buckeyes even more than I hate Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT