ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Championship Week Thread (2022 ACC Champions 9-5 over NCSU)

but the way the tie-breaker works, tech's game vs clemson doesnt mean a thing. it's us vs tech (on friday i think) for the pool 1 winner.
Right, it's irrelevant for both teams. VT might want to consider a forfeit, so they can save their pitching. There's no downside for them. That's how bad this setup is.

Reactions: jim0742
Right, it's irrelevant for both teams. VT might want to consider a forfeit, so they can save their pitching. There's no downside for them. That's how bad this setup is.

The last sentence is the only correct part of this post. Clemson needs a win against VT for a possible at large bid so it is not irrelevant for them. I doubt for VT either since they have weekday starters they’d like to get some work on the mound. I’m sure they have plenty of arms for the weekend that they don’t need to save pitching, this isn’t Little League. Not to mention the VT hitters want to get their swings in, & the league wouldn’t allow a forfeit. I do agree with your last part that there’s not much downside for them, & it sucks for Carolina since VT can save their Ace for Friday. I’m sure the Heels want to face their best anyway, that’s how competitors are wired.

The last sentence is the only correct part of this post. Clemson needs a win against VT for a possible at large bid so it is not irrelevant for them. I doubt for VT either since they have weekday starters they’d like to get some work on the mound. I’m sure they have plenty of arms for the weekend that they don’t need to save pitching, this isn’t Little League. Not to mention the VT hitters want to get their swings in, & the league wouldn’t allow a forfeit. I do agree with your last part that there’s not much downside for them, & it sucks for Carolina since VT can save their Ace for Friday. I’m sure the Heels want to face their best anyway, that’s how competitors are wired.
All that's correct, until VT has someone get hurt in a meaningless game. This game is basically the equivalent of the sitting out the bowl game argument. And I doubt the committee will base their determination on this one game.

All that's correct, until VT has someone get hurt in a meaningless game. This game is basically the equivalent of the sitting out the bowl game argument. And I doubt the committee will base their determination on this one game.

You don’t really think the conference would allow a forfeit, do you? Players want to play! That vote would be 100% for playing, 0% for not playing if you polled the players & coaches of either team.

You don’t really think the conference would allow a forfeit, do you? Players want to play! That vote would be 100% for playing, 0% for not playing if you polled the players & coaches of either team.
Could the conference stop it? There's no rule against it is there? You would think players would want to play, but we had multiple players sit out the most important bowl game in school history. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't at least one who would just rather wait until Friday. Especially the bullpen.

I don't think they really should. Just trying to point out how ridiculous the setup is. The fact that a team could actually forfeit a game and still possibly win the conference championship is beyond stupid.

Game 1 Wednesday 11 AM- Pitt defeats Louisville and advances to the semifinal on Saturday to face the winner of Miami-NC. State.

Game 2 Wednesday: 3 PM- FSU defeats Virginia and will face Notre Dame Thursday at 3 PM to see who advances to semifinals

State beats Miami 9-6 behind 3 HR’s from Tommy White to win pool C and advance to Semis to face Pitt

UNC will face Virginia Tech at 7:15 like tommorrow a big game. Hokies took 2/3 from UNC in Chapel Hill.

Need Brandon Schaffer to be ready and focused cause VT is powerful offensively top to bottom of the lineup.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Notre Dame beat FSU today to secure Semi-Final berth out of Pool D and will be opponent for VT/UNC winner

Thankfully ACC implemented run rule as Wake demolished Miami…. 1st pitch around 7:05 according to stadium announcer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT